cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many devices can I attach via Ethernet to 5G Hub

Mark-Surrey
Fledgling

I’m interested in getting a 5G Hub for my home, as a backup for my Virgin Media broadband. The technical information on the 3 website for the 5G Hub is extremely limited. It says that the “Maximum number of connected devices” is 32. Is this the total including both wifi and ethernet? Or just wifi?

I know that there are only 2 Ethernet ports on this device. But my assumption is that I can attach many more Ethernet devices, provided that I connect them all through an Ethernet Switch which I then connect to one of the available Ethernet ports on the 5G Hub. Is my understanding correct?

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the Three Community.

I can confirm the 32 devices is referencing how many WiFi connections the router can support. We don't supply Ethernet switches, so unfortunately these aren't tested by us. So we can't guarantee a particular Ethernet switch would work, on the other hand, we aren't aware of any reason they wouldn't be compatible.

Just in case it helps you find more info about the device, the 5G router we currently supply is the ZTE MC801A.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.