cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPhone 14

LeeT
Employee
Employee

As we're getting closer to the potential release of the new iPhone, which I can only assume will be called the iPhone 14; let's talk about what you would like to see from Apple and their latest phone release in 2022.

I think personally, I'd love to have a Type-C connector, over the lightening port. Not only would this make travelling easier, just having to take 1 cable to charge all of my current tech. But it also saves money having to buy buy more cables, for that particular port. 

Let's hear your thoughts! What would you all love to see on the new iPhone when it is released 👀

7 REPLIES 7
sc1999
Local celebrity

Pigs-might-fly thinking but 2 features I would like in all phones is a removable battery and a microSD slot. For those of you to young to remember early mobile phones had replaceable batteries. I always carried a spare battery as it was not easy to recharge on the go as it predated USB.

The sd card slot is needed because of the price Apple charge to go from 128 to 256Gb. Most companies seem to charge over the odds for the extra memory but Apple seem to be able to get their customers to stump up more than other manufacturers. 

LeeT
Employee
Employee

Ah yes! The replaceable battery. Thankfully my iPhone 13 Pro Max battery will happily get me from 8am to 11pm with around 30% batter left with heavy use, which is ideal for me. I'd definitely lose that spare battery if I carried it about 😅

Also would you give up the water resistance of IP68 rating for a spare battery, that's a tough one! 

sc1999
Local celebrity

If my battery only lasted 15 hours I would get nervous, no matter how much I used my phone.

thetechhorse
Employee
Employee

I'd love to see USB-C charging for the next iPhone, to unify the majority of my devices, and allow me to use just one charger for virtually everything. 

DanC
Employee
Employee

USB C would be handy as most other phones use that now. A ruling from a court has recently said USBC has to be the new standard for charging I believe, but expect too late to fit in the 14 so will be more of a 15 thing. 

Now a folding iPhone like the Galaxy Fold would be very tempting for sure 

MarkD
Employee
Employee

I think I'm most looking forward to the heavily rumoured pixel increase on the back facing camera, although if we believe the speculation, those enhancements will only come on the Pro models. 
You've got to imagine that it'll take the 'camera phone' to a whole new level.....again! 😆

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey everyone,

It looks like this post is getting lots of views. Now that Apple have made the big announcement, what's everyone's thoughts about the iPhone 14 then? Would be great to hear if there's any likes, or dislikes? Does anyone on the community think they'll be buying? Anyone on the fence at all? 

We'd love to hear your opinions on this big release. 🙂

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.