cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with VoLTE and IMS Registration on Rokit 3D Pro

joeuk3
Fledgling

I am writing to seek your assistance with an issue I’m experiencing on my Rokit 3D Pro handset while using your network. I have been a loyal Three customer and have recently encountered a problem related to VoLTE and IMS registration on this device, which is affecting my ability to make and receive calls over LTE.

Issue Description:

1. VoLTE and IMS Registration Failure: Despite being in an area with strong LTE coverage and having enabled VoLTE and 4G calling on my device, it appears that my phone is not registering for IMS services. When I check the IMS status in the phone settings, it shows that IMS is not registered, and voice calls revert to 3G/UMTS instead of staying on the LTE network.

2. Dropped Signal During Calls: Whenever I receive an incoming call, my phone’s signal drops significantly, and the call fails to ring through. As a result, I am unable to receive calls, and callers do not hear any ringtone either.

3. SIM Card and Network Settings Confirmed: I have already confirmed that my SIM card is functioning correctly by testing it in another phone, where IMS and VoLTE are working without issue. I have also ensured that all relevant settings for VoLTE, 4G Calling, and Mobile Data are enabled on my Rokit 3D Pro.

Request for Assistance:

I believe the issue might be related to the device’s certification for VoLTE on the Three network. While my Rokit 3D Pro supports VoLTE, it seems that it has not been properly configured or provisioned for VoLTE and IMS services on your network.

I kindly request your help with the following:

• Check and confirm whether the Rokit 3D Pro is supported for VoLTE on the Three network.
  • Provision IMS and VoLTE for my specific device if possible, or provide guidance on whether manual configuration is available.
  • Advise on any further steps I can take to resolve this issue, such as a possible software update or configuration change.

Given that my device is compatible with VoLTE on other networks, I hope that this can be resolved so I can continue to enjoy uninterrupted service with Three.

Please let me know if you require any further information regarding my phone model, SIM details, or account information. I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to your prompt assistance.

Thank you for your support.

2 REPLIES 2
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Joe. 

Oh, sounds like things aren't working out great at the moment. The issues you've described are not ones I've come across often. 

In relation to your requests:

• The Rokit 3D Pro is not on our list of supported devices. It's worth pointing out though that the list is not exhaustive, it's just the list of devices that our technical support team have fully tested and verified. 
  • Provisioning of services. Accounts are provisioned in the same way for all users generally. We don't provision specific services for specific users or specific devices. 
  • Further steps. If possible, I'd recommend trying another phone with your SIM to see if it is able to connect to the network properly. If you're no longer seeing the errors, it's likely an issue that's specific to the device. In that case, you may want to speak to the manufacturer for further advice

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

poziguy
Regular

Hi. A very polite request, I must say! I am having a similar problem with a phone that's supposed to be 4G VoLTE ready. It is a Swiss Punkt MP02A which I purchased last year. Maybe there is a Three mobile modem configuration which our phones are lacking and that locks them out of the Three network. There could be a technical workaround. But who knows it? All the best