cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to upgrade, not so keen on the newer Samsungs due to not having sd slots

JazzN-92
Active

In two minds about upgrading to one of the newer Samsungs due to them not having sd slots, this is a big put of for me just like many others are also having this issue but love samsung and would prefer to stick to them.... 

Love the features especially the cameras on the newer phone but not having an sd slot is making it harder for me to decide on upgrading especially as it costs so much to go with a bigger built in storage.... 

Will the sd slots be added back to any newer Samsungs or are they doing away with them for good? 

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

Could not agree more, an SD slot is essential but most seem to be dumping them. At least the min memory now seems to be 128Gb. Just checked my memory and 46Gb seems to have been taken by the system and other files, whatever they are. 

However, I have linked my one of my onedrive accounts and that seems to work very well and allows me to upload and download easily.

EngineerMelissa
Employee
Employee

I also have been a fan of micro sd but I have been enjoying a cloud option these days as I can easily sync between devices and my computer without having to deal with physically hooking my pc up to my computer or laptop.

Im not sure if this is still a offer but I remember when I got my s21 there was a offer from Samsung and Microsoft for a year of cloud storage (more than what a free Microsoft account offers but I can't remember the actual number)

Another option is to buy a USB key that has a USB C plug so that you can every so often move old content to that and back it up on your pc or archive it for long storage. 

I hope that helps and if you have any questions about what I have mentioned feel free to reply here or reach out. 

Have a awesome day!

hmtd1057
Fledgling

The SD card slots are definitely gone for good, it seems everyone is ditching them 😬

Jacque
Fledgling

Oh boy i cant believe it😣 i was going get the new samsung but the moment i realised that it has no sd card option i was so disappointed and i cacelled getting it let me stick to my s10 for now .

Evadnefelosial
Regular

That's why my husband doesn't want to stay with OnePlus. Looking at oppo now