cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about cooling off period

Aeraa
Fledgling

Hello, on Friday 19th April 2024 I upgraded from Samsung S22 ultra to Samsung S24 ultra. I was in a store on Friday looking to upgrade my phone and I wasn't 100% set on upgrading to the 24 ultra but I felt like I couldn't say no (I'm not trying to blame the person who worked there I just have a hard time saying no to people in general) and decided to go ahead with it. I'm regretting my decision to upgrade to this device now because for what I use the phone for most of the time is just watching YouTube videos and general browsing to me it just feels like it's the same phone I previously had and im not really happy or satisfied with the phone. I don't really know how the cooling off period works 100%. Is it possible to go back and return the device for something different? Or could someone please explain what options I have, thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
MZone
Key player

Have a look at the terms and conditions here. 

Paddiewack
Superstar

Yes you can return it to the store you obtained it from within 14 days! Only caveat is it must be in the original packaging,with a receipt and according to the terms and conditions you’re allowed to turn the device on and off but not a lot else. It’s up to Three to decide what’s reasonable in terms of what usage (if any) you’ve gleaned from the device. But if you’ve not used it at all;merely inspected it you’ll not have a problem.

Aeraa
Fledgling

Well I didn't actually open the box and turn the phone on, the 3 employee opened it and turned it on etc because I was trading in my old phone for extra credit. I've been using the device since Friday, although it's not been registered with a Samsung account because I'm having issues with it atm.

Paddiewack
Superstar

I’m sure you’ll be fine!

Aeraa
Fledgling

There's no physical damage to it whatsoever not even the slightest scratch or anything like that but like I say I have been using it for the past 4 days. Do you think I will have to pay some sort of fee to return it or anything? I am still looking to stay with 3 but I'm just not happy/satisfied with the phone itself

Paddiewack
Superstar

I’m not a Three employee,like you I’m just a customer but from what you say I really don’t think you’ll have any issues.  In your cooling off period you need to use the device to ascertain if it meets your needs and 4 days is by no means excessive. So whilst I can’t give a hard and fast rule in my opinion you’ll be fine. Perhaps try to deal with the same person who served you. 

Aeraa
Fledgling

Okay thank you alot for your help I appreciate it, I'll go to the store tomorrow and see what happens

Paddiewack
Superstar

Let us know on here how you get on pl.

Aeraa
Fledgling

I will let you know, although I don't have very high hopes.