cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NR5103E, 5G having issues connecting to various game servers...

Alex17919
Fledgling

Some settings on this router are preventing connections to various game servers...

World of Warcraft ping jumps to 800-1500 at random every few seconds.

Darktide shows server errors.

Some other games can't even connect to game servers.

I've narrowed it down to the router itself and some configuration on it. If I VPN I'm able to play games.

3 REPLIES 3
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi, Alex. 

Oh my golly gosh, 1500 is quite a lot of latency. Lag is no fun for anyone. 

Which router is it that you have? 
Ae you running on out of the box settings? 
Do you have a switch (not the console) or mesh system in place between your router and devices? 
When using the VPN, does that resolve the latency issues as well as not being able to connect to certain game servers? 

Pete. 

Alex17919
Fledgling

NR5103E

2. Yes

3. No

4. Yes but still having issues with my wife's system on World of Warcraft even on VPN.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Alex17919,

Thanks for this info. We have a known issue with the NR5103e not connecting to 5G properly for some customers, so I'm wondering if that might be related. There's a firmware roll out in process over the next few days, so hopefully that helps. When it updates it'll be a firmware version ending B12.

Just to understand point 4 a bit better, are you finding that when on VPN you can connect to WoW from your PC but your wife's won't?
Does using a wired connection to the router work better than over Wi-Fi or is it much the same?
Are any of the errors specific, or just a message that you've failed to connect etc?

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.