cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as you Go Call Forwarding in China

davidkan
Fledgling

i am on PAYG monthly data pack. 

I traveled to China. I want to set up the Call Forwarding to divert all call to my UK office landline number

I am using iPhone 13 Pro Max version 16.4.1 (a)

What I do on my iPhone while I am in China. 

1) Airplan mode is off, Mobile Data is On, Data Roaming is On 

2) go to General -> Phone -> Call Forwarding

but the Call Forwarding page keeps showing the loading icon without the on/off button

I can't set up the Call Forwarding to my UK office landline number.

I have an online chat but the adviser asked me to switch off and on again my mobile. I followed the instructions but still not working.

The adviser asked me to try on another phone or another number but I have only one mobile and one number while I am in China thus there is no other mobile phone or another Three number to try.

The adviser asked me to call Apple to get support???

I go online to try to get some other help and see a page saying dial **21*[LandlineNumber]#. I tried and it not working.

Is there anyway I can have the Call Forwarding set up at Three end instead of using the iPhone feature Call Forwarding in General -> Phone?

1 REPLY 1
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, David. 

The customer service team are able to set call forwarding if you're unable to do it on the handset. You'll need to let them know that you're unable to do it on the device, and provide them with the number you want to divert calls to. 

It's important to remember that while abroad, call diverting would be charged to you as if you were the one calling your office number. If you are in a destination where you have an allowance that covers this, it will still be covered. However if you're in a destination where it would cost you money to make that call, you will be charged for diverts going to it as well. If you don't have a cash credit on the plan, this won't be an issue for you.

Pete.