cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro LTE

isomeruk
Regular

I see much chatter here about using an cellular enabled Apple Watch on Three with varying degrees of success, but no mention of any others... According to the "Smartwatch Pairing Plan on Three" page on the website, "We'll be introducing other manufacturers and devices [...] soon." Does anyone have a guess on how long "soon" will be? 

I've got a swanky new Galaxy Watch 5 Pro on the way. Am I going to need to switch networks to be able to use it to it's full potential before it goes out of date? 😬

17 REPLIES 17
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, isomeruk.

That's a nice watch! I hope you enjoy it. 

At the moment, we don't have a specific timeline on when these additional devices will begin to be supported. 

For now, you can still connect the watch to your phone to utilize all the usual features of the watch, as long as your phone is still within Bluetooth range. 

Pete.

isomeruk
Regular

Shame. In the meantime, if you need a tester/Guinea Pig.... 😛

TSR
Regular

Shame that Three hasn't extended support for other smart watches as of (looks at calendar) October 6, 2022.

I'll be buying an LTE Android watch myself soon, and would prefer to keep my extra data plan money at Three... if you'll take it.

Idk who needs to hear this within Three's organisation, but you all need to roll out support for this. Is the cost to support extra devices greater than the extra income you'll bring in??

isomeruk
Regular

According to a reply on a Reddit post (so take with a pinch of salt!), as Apple watch is already supported it should just be a point of 'switching it on' for other devices. I guess the biggest hold up is making sure customer support are ready...

Hopefully all the interest in the Pixel watch will kick Three into gear. 🤞

abs
Regular

I completely agree. For a network going around positioning themselves as the best, they seem so far behind the likes of EE and Vodafone when it comes to features. Smart Watches came into existence years ago and many have had 4G LTE for a while. Why only support Apple?

TSR
Regular

In case it helps anyone else, there is a workaround to get mobile data working on your Android-based smartwatch. I just verified it on my Pixel Watch. Hopefully Three offers a native eSIM option soon for us Android-based 'step-children'...

Search on reddit for 'LTE on imported pixel watch' and *generally* follow the steps to workaround the current network lock (for example, the Pixel Watch is restricted to 2 networks in the UK at the moment, and Three is not currently supported). Note that you will have to tweak a few of the steps in the workaround.

richmanpyro
Fledgling

I'll be switching to EE or Vodafone in June if Samsung watches aren't supported by then. Been a 3 customer for nearly 15 years but I want this capability. This will also mean i take my other accounts to another provider also. 

Thackshila
Fledgling

I was wondering if there was any updates on this?

I was massively misguided by the sales team when I bought my latest contract saying that galaxy watches esims are already available (Oct 2022) only to find out that it really doesn't after purchasing. and then they were like, no no, sorry mistake, but it'll be rolled out in December 2022. Which obviously didn't happen.  
Had the sales team been honest, I'd either wouldn't have bought the watch or switched networks. Now I'm just stuck with a watch and a plan I cannot use. 

beasty54
Fledgling

I'm the same, I wasn't told when the service would actually go live, I was told that I'd be able to add the service on to my current plan though. I had absolutely no reason to not believe them, why would you make such an add on only available to certain plans??