cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel a monthly contract?

MRX_001
Regular

Hi,

As the title says, I might be required to cancel my Home Broadband 2 year contract (5G Hub) in a few months due to financial difficulties. 

What would be the procedure for this? And also, is there be a cancellation fee? 

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

Best thing to do is call 333 and speak to customer services. I would hope that they would be accommodating in the current climate. You could try changing your contract to a cheaper one but that's what customer services are there for.

MRX_001
Regular

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into it.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MRX_001,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having to consider cancelling due to financial difficulties. Usually if there's time left on the 2 years, there is an Early Termination Fee applicable, but please make any teams you discuss this with aware of your circumstances. We may be able to offer further support or flexibility with this.

If you'd like impartial advice on what support is available to you in a financial hardship, the following organisations may be able to help:

Step Change - stepchange.org or 0800 138 111
The Money Advice Service - moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en or 0800 138 7777
National DebtLine - nationaldebtline.org or 0800 808 4000
Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB):
England & Wales - www.citizensadvice.org.uk.
Scotland -www.cas.org.uk.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.