cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen phone- three are of no help

ah123
Fledgling

I’ve had my android phone stolen Sunday night. I was unable to log onto gmail to erase the data as it was asking for a 2 step verification process which involved sending a text or code to the stolen phone. 
    I then rang three, who were closed but I then selected the option for lost phone which meant the sim was blocked. But this still does not prevent whoever has my phone from putting in a new sim, doing a factory reset and then selling the phone on.

The account with three is in a family members name so three would not speak to me. When my family member rang three they were told we cannot blacklist the phone as it was not purchased directly through us. You would need to contact the phone manufacturer for this. Yet everything I have read online including what is on threes own site says it is the phone carrier who is the one that has to blacklist the phone.

The three advisor on the phone tried to end the matter by saying the person who has the phone will not be able to access your account. But what is stopping them from replacing the sim, unlocking the phone and then selling it on. This is what is getting to me.
      My contract is up for renewal in a couple of months. I will definitely be going elsewhere. Virgin media has an online form where you just have to put the IMIE number in and the phone will be blacklisted within 1 hour. Three are just useless. They dont seem  to understand the stress that losing a phone can cause. 

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

Sorry to hear about your phone. You are not alone in this as 2 or 3 other people have had the same delay in 3 responding. People never come back and post how their various issues were resolved. Please let us know so we can help the next person who posts. Thank you. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ah123,

I'm sorry to hear that your phone has been stolen, and furthermore that the experience of getting this blacklisted has been so difficult. I appreciate that it's not just about them accessing your account, we wouldn't want someone to profit from selling the stolen phone either.

I'll send you a private message that will direct you to a team that should be able to help further. We'll need either the account holder, or for you to have been set up as an authorised contact on the account to take action.

As the phone wasn't supplied by Three you may need to supply a proof of purchase, either a PDF or image of a physical document should work for this. It's important this lists the IMEI number.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.