cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underwhelmed by MiFi…..

PowerOfCreatine
Regular

I’ve just had the HUAWEI MiFi and I’m sure it can’t be something I’ve done whilst setting it up.

Ok it provides a decent internet signal in rooms in my house (can’t be arsed to sign up for a home broadband Wi-Fi deal) but the battery life is absolutely abysmal. The advert on the Three website says it lasts up to 9 hours.  
I’m sorry but that’s absolute bull brown-stuff. I’m lucky if I get about 3 hours out of it.

I make sure I give it a good charge (usually 4 or 5 hours) but if I connect my phone and iPad to it it needs charging again 2 or 3 hours later.

I’m still in the 14 day cooling off period so I could cancel but I’d rather not as if I can get it lasting closer to the advertised 9 hours it would be perfect so could it be I’ve just been sent one with a duff battery or is this legit how long it lasts for other people?

4 REPLIES 4
Avondale
Rising star

@PowerOfCreatine 

If it is good for your needs, I would be inclined to ask to try another unit. It sounds to me like the battery might be defective. 

PowerOfCreatine
Regular

What are Three like with this kind of thing, can I take it to a store and get a replacement? I’d much rather avoid having to speak to their call centre.

Avondale
Rising star

@PowerOfCreatine 

I don't really know, but if there's a store near to you, why not give it a try ? I would be inclined to visit when it is quiet, so 9.00am on a wet Monday morning might be better than a busy Saturday lunchtime. 

Please report the outcome on here as it is always interesting to know. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @PowerOfCreatine,

Sorry to hear that your MiFi isn't holding a charge. That does sound exceptionally short of a battery time, so it could be a hardware fault. Generally you'd only be able to get an exchange in store if you originally took the contract there. We'd have to recommend you contact us, either by chat or use the number for Mobile Broadband on the page I've linked if you bought this online or over the phone.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.