cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola G82 WiFi calling?

XrayLima
Fledgling

Has anyone else tried the Motorola G82 on three and know if WiFi calling works?  It was a useful feature that I lost on my G6 when three abandoned the old app and it's time for me to upgrade.  Online support and information on this is pretty nonexistent or badly outdated, and I'd like to know if it's going to work before I buy (note I'll be buying the handset unlocked from Amazon or similar) or if three are making it tricky and it's just another signal to change networks.  Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
CorbyDave
Regular

Hi. I have a G82 with a 3 sim and it works. The only problem I found was the phone switching between Wi-Fi and normal during a call, meaning poor reception when the Wi-Fi was about to kick in. That may have been because the signal at my house was borderline between acceptable and unacceptable. The gigantic mast they’ve installed nearby means those days are over (I hope!)

XrayLima
Fledgling

Thanks for that, great news.  Where did you buy the phone from, if you don't mind me asking? Cheers!

CorbyDave
Regular

Currys. Wouldn’t normally but they had the best deal at the time.

PeppaSC
Fledgling

Sorry to reply to an older thread but does 4g (Volte) calling work on your Motorola G82? I can get this via 1pmobile or EE. I'd probably be looking at a payg auto recurring data bundle to start with (in case it's only available on contract). Thanks ☺ 

PeppaSC
Fledgling

I'm presuming not as I've just put a three payg three sim in my phone but Volte isn't showing, thankfully noticed before I topped it up (I bought it to try out WiFi/4g calling before committing). 

PeppaSC
Fledgling

For anyone who needs to know 4g calling does work on this phone, it just doesn't show VoLTE at the top of the screen. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @PeppaSC,

Thanks for sharing this, generally WiFi and VoLTE do work with most open Android phones on Three, but how this displays on the software can vary a bit, it may be because we don't supply that model, so don't develop any carrier specific software for it. Glad to hear this is working for you though.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.