cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE MC801A - Street Fighter 5 on Valve Steam Deck, multiplayer issues

DarkShigeru
Regular

Hi folks, 

I've had the ZTE MC801A for a couple of months and it's a game changer. Playing PS5 online works perfectly, however when I'm trying to play multiplayer on Street Fighter 5, it takes so long to find a game, and when it does, the connection is really bad. 

I've made sure UPNP is enabled on the ZTE MC801A router settings. I've enabled port-forwarding and added the correct ports from the Valve Steam Deck FAQ, and I'm still having issues with it. When I connect it to my Sky broadband, it works as normal, but my home BB speeds are close to dial-up speeds, so that's really not an option. PS5, Netflix etc all work fine. It's just the Steam Deck 🙈

Is there anything else I can try or has anyone else had this type of issue?

Any help would be awesome!

Best solution
Best solution
DarkShigeru
Regular

Hi @JonathanB , 

So I contacted Valve, and they gave me the correct ports to forward to, and told me to turn off the Wifi Management on the Steam deck, now it's playing like a dream 🙂 

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @DarkShigeru,

Welcome to the community, as a fellow Capcom fan I'll do my best to help!

Have you been able to narrow down whether it's Street Fighter 5 specifically, or the Steam Deck? I don't have access to one but can you do any sort of speed test or diagnostics to check if it's getting slow speeds, high ping, strict NAT, or any other issues highlighted? Do you play any other matchmade multiplayer games on the Steam Deck, and how do they perform for comparison?

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

DarkShigeru
Regular

Hey @JonathanB , 

Thanks for getting back to me! I think it's Street Fighter specifically. The Steam deck downloads games and updates with no problem, and at around 100Mbps. I can't figure out how to see if the Steam deck has a strict NAT???? There doesn't seem to be a setting on the Steam Deck that shows this. 

Halo Infinite, Dead or Alive 6 and Apex Legends don't have an issue either. 

I'll have a look on the Steam Deck settings and see if there is a diagnosis tool and get back to you 

Best solution
DarkShigeru
Regular

Hi @JonathanB , 

So I contacted Valve, and they gave me the correct ports to forward to, and told me to turn off the Wifi Management on the Steam deck, now it's playing like a dream 🙂 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @DarkShigeru,

Sorry for the delay in replying. That's great news! I was wondering if we might have to direct you to check if Capcom had some sort of support, but glad to hear Valve were on the ball with this.

If it's not too much trouble, could you perhaps give a little walkthrough in case anyone else runs into these issues please?

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

DarkShigeru
Regular

Yeah of course!

So to disable the WiFi power management on your Steam Deck, you can find this option in the Settings > Developer menu. You may need to enable Developer Mode in Settings > System first for the option to show, at least that's what I had to do, in order to see it and then disable Wifi power management. Once I did that, I restarted the Steam Deck and then was able to connect and kick @ss once again!!!