cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE MF920U using Three Mobile Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband 24 GB data SIM

barry
Fledgling

Hi I had been using my ZTE MF920U for a year when the credit expired on a different network.  

I bought the Three Mobile Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband 24 GB data SIM from Amazon, but cannot get it to work.  It works with the mobile phone but not with the mobile wi-fi which is the whole reason I bought it.  I tried a factory reset but no connection can anyone help, please?

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @barry,

I'll do my best to help. Our support can be limited when it's a device we haven't supply ourselves, but assuming it's unlocked I'm sure there'll be a way to get it up and running. Most likely a setting or two needs tweaked.

Can you explain a little more detail? I'm operating on the assumption that you can connect to the MiFi but it doesn't give you an external Internet connection from any connected devices? Please let me know if that's correct though.

I wonder if the MiFi hasn't picked up our APN settings? It should do this automatically, but I've seen the occasional device fail to pick up the setting.

If you're able to log in to the Admin page for the MiFi, check if you can find settings for an APN profile.

Normally you can leave most of this as default, but the important things to check are:

APN: 3internet
Username/Password: (leave this field blank)

Let me know if that seems to help.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

Is your device locked or unlocked?

barry
Fledgling

It is unlocked

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @barry,

I'll do my best to help. Our support can be limited when it's a device we haven't supply ourselves, but assuming it's unlocked I'm sure there'll be a way to get it up and running. Most likely a setting or two needs tweaked.

Can you explain a little more detail? I'm operating on the assumption that you can connect to the MiFi but it doesn't give you an external Internet connection from any connected devices? Please let me know if that's correct though.

I wonder if the MiFi hasn't picked up our APN settings? It should do this automatically, but I've seen the occasional device fail to pick up the setting.

If you're able to log in to the Admin page for the MiFi, check if you can find settings for an APN profile.

Normally you can leave most of this as default, but the important things to check are:

APN: 3internet
Username/Password: (leave this field blank)

Let me know if that seems to help.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.