Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let’s talk: Hot accessory summer

SarahC
Employee
Employee

Smart phones get all the headlines, but what about those trusty accessories?

The handy little speaker that lets you take the party to the park.

The power bank that fuels your sunbathe-and-binge of Married At First Sight.

The ring light or tripod that helps you capture that perfect selfie or summer sunset.

What extras and add-ons do you use to make your phone all the more useful? What’s been your best-buy accessory?

Personally, I’m still using wired earphones and just calling it a retro look. I think it’s time to modernise, so let me know your wireless earphone recommendations too!

49 REPLIES 49
sc1999
Local celebrity

My only accessories are a case and screen protector. Bluetooth speakers should be banned from public places as most music seems to be thumps, bangs and clangs. My neighbour had her roof replaced and banned the roofers from playing music.

I do not mind people using headphones especially those filmed walking into lampposts.

Wezzie
Regular

I've got a power tube that I use as backup when I can't charge on the spot ... but it never last long enough!

Springwater35
Active

I uses the on phone extra battery pack when i know I will be on the go giving me double the battery life, 

Tj
Regular

My Anker power bank is my indispensable accessory.  I climb and hillwalk and phone often goes dead by end of the day. The Anker can recharge my phone 5 times so always have it with me on treks.

Danton1886
Regular

I got some ear buds and has revolutionised the sound for my music and watching films etc, especially when travelling, great buy and well worth it.

katieali55
Regular

Not sure if my fitbit counts but because I sync it to my phone I'm going with it- this is really helpful for keeping me active in the Summer and making sure I make the most of the (hopefully) great weather!

Chriscambell
Regular

Yeah, Anker powerbank is a must have. Also I use Bose 700s — excellent quality!

TERMINATOR
Regular

I like my Bluetooth earbuds, although I must have odd shaped ears as they alway fall out. The most useful accessory is the protective case. Youngsters don't seem to bother with them. Perhaps that's why you see so many broken screens.

Minamin
Fledgling

I heard Raycon earbuds being advertised online a lot for how they have different ear buds that you can pick which one fits your ear better. But they are expensive. I don’t know if this helps though.