cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let’s talk: Hot accessory summer

SarahC
Employee
Employee

Smart phones get all the headlines, but what about those trusty accessories?

The handy little speaker that lets you take the party to the park.

The power bank that fuels your sunbathe-and-binge of Married At First Sight.

The ring light or tripod that helps you capture that perfect selfie or summer sunset.

What extras and add-ons do you use to make your phone all the more useful? What’s been your best-buy accessory?

Personally, I’m still using wired earphones and just calling it a retro look. I think it’s time to modernise, so let me know your wireless earphone recommendations too!

49 REPLIES 49
dmbracey
Regular

I do have a pair of wireless headphones but struggle to run with them without them falling off. I prefer an old school blue tooth speaker that I can take with me on holiday and sit by the pool with. 

onkar
Regular

Want to get ear pods

SarahC
Employee
Employee

It looks like wireless earbuds are a popular accessory choice on the community, and we understand why... no more tangled wires 😆

Have you got your eye on a particular brand?

david
Regular

I used my power bank recently on a different phone and it seems like it's swelled the battery, popped the screen out and ultimately broken the phone. Not scaremongering, research after the fact makes it just seem like something that can happen with certain models and compatability.

I'm a latecomer to wireless earphones, I've been using SoundPeats TrueAir2 just recently and enjoyed the experience, had a pairing problem recently but online help seems to have fixed it.

VM2022
Regular

I have a power bank, a screen protector and a case. The case is good to protect the phone in case it is drop on hard floor. I broke my tablet screen when it was knocked down on tiled floor. 

MarkD
Employee
Employee

OMG! I love my accessories. Mad Apple fan, so I use my AirPods Pro when on the go on the network, and AirPods Max for those more indulgent, quality listening experience moments.
I've recently discovered that I don't drink enough fluids, so I've invested in a HydrateSpark Steel water bottle, which tracks my water intake and keeps me on track through mobile alerts over a Bluetooth connection.

thetechhorse
Employee
Employee

In terms of accessories, when I am travelling I also carry a mini tripod to make photos that little bit easier. Manfrotto & Joby are two great brands I would recommend. On the earphones side of things I have been used a pair of Jabra Elite 75t wireless earbuds for a few years now and love them. They come with a charging case, have ANC (active noise cancellation) and will pair with several devices at a time. I believe they have a few newer models now with better waterproofing ratings and the ability to use each earbud independently.

Lauren148
Fledgling

I’m still using wired apple earphones but don’t ask how they have survived this long it’s a genuine mystery! I like wired earphones/headphones as I feel wireless I would forget/ be too lazy to charge them! But recently I have felt an interest to upgrade to some sort of wireless ones but I have no idea what’s decent and the prices vary massively. 

Heather
Regular

I just have a power bank and headphones. That is it. Don't need anything else for it.

AnnaBanana
Fledgling

I bought a MOTIV MV88+ microphone to use for recording and live to Facebook for a dementia choir during the pandemic.  Great bit of kit.