cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let’s talk: Hot accessory summer

SarahC
Employee
Employee

Smart phones get all the headlines, but what about those trusty accessories?

The handy little speaker that lets you take the party to the park.

The power bank that fuels your sunbathe-and-binge of Married At First Sight.

The ring light or tripod that helps you capture that perfect selfie or summer sunset.

What extras and add-ons do you use to make your phone all the more useful? What’s been your best-buy accessory?

Personally, I’m still using wired earphones and just calling it a retro look. I think it’s time to modernise, so let me know your wireless earphone recommendations too!

49 REPLIES 49
tg1980
Fledgling

i need a real good bt speaker

Immy5526
Active

I love using my headphones. 

Damian
Fledgling

i where my sunglasses at night

Evadnefelosial
Regular

That little clicky thing where I can take pictures with the kids while standing far away from the phone. What's it called again? 😅

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Yeah that sounds pretty cool, I remember getting a demo from a Samsung rep when they were releasing a new Galaxy Note model, and they had the S-pen configured to take pictures when you click the button on the top, is that what you mean?

Vapinggamer55
Fledgling

Apple AirPods Pro make the walk to work easy but also good for just chilling at home or in the park 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Yep I use wireless headphones for my walk in to the office too. I prefer big headphones with noise cancelling, how do you find AirPods for filtering out background noise?

WeThreeKings
Regular

AirPods have got to be the best, no strings attached and the battery has a good amount of playtime.

Shauny13
Fledgling

I bought some Bluetooth ear buds from Amazon, I didn't pay a fortune because I wasn't sure if they would be comfy or block out other noise etc. I paid £14 and paired them to my Galaxy S20 plus and I was amazed at the sound quality!! They charge up in their little case and i Iove them. I am due an upgrade next month so I am tempted to get the proper Galaxy buds with my next phone deal? I don't know though because I am quite happy with my current ones? Are the genuine ones worth the price tag? There's only so much rar buds can do and my cheap ones block out any background noise. They fit perfectly because they came with 4 different sizes of the bits that fit the outer part of your ear. Plus they have touch controls on the bud to skip tracks, pause playback and volume control. So you don't have to spend much to get a lot for the money.  

StephR
Employee
Employee

This is a great tip, Shauny13, thanks for sharing! Good to know that you don't always have to spend big to get great quality, and that there's loads of options out there to suit all budgets and needs 🙌