Logging in just got better. Find out how.
Good news – you can now use your My3 login details for Three Community.
The first time you use them, you can link your current Community username. Or you can create a new one.
Not used My3 before? You can register before you access Three Community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let’s talk: Smart watches

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

In 2022, keeping time simply isn’t enough. If your watch is smart enough it can do so much more, and many of us now include them in our everyday outfits.  

We'd love to know how your wearable tech helps you live your best life, or what's keeping you from joining the craze.

Is your smart watch an important tool for your health and wellbeing?
Or is it vital in keeping you connected on the go?

What's the next advancement you're hoping to see in the world of wearable tech?

Personally, I don’t love the constant presence of all my notifications as I spend enough time on my phone as it is! But maybe there’s a good way to balance it out. Let me know your tips for making the most of your smart watch and what you love about it. 

76 REPLIES 76
Vapinggamer55
Fledgling

I have the Apple Watch 5 use manybof the functionality daily such as tracking my walks or rides reading Twitter feeds and weather updates there’s so many to use 

RCarrRed
Fledgling

I love my smart watch. It's really useful when you are at the gym or going for walks as it measures everything. I deactivate the WhatsApp notifications time to time, but I think it is usefull to have it and same with the calls, speciallywhen you can't look at your phone. Other bit I use a lot is the find me phone, I love it! I am a bit of a disaster, so I am always leaving my phone in places and this makes it so much easier 

Abhayuk69
Fledgling

I want to disable some of the notification as it is very irritating.  Any tips on how to do that ? Only selective notification from certain people I want to enable

acd1994
Fledgling

I've been using the Huawei Watch GT2 for around 2.5 years now, as it came with my upgrade to Huawei P30 Pro. Since upgrading more recently to the Samsung Galaxy S22, the functionality isn't as good as it was which was to be expected as it's not same brand, but it frustrating that I'm not able to enjoy it as much. 

I've also recently noticed a skin rash under the area where I wear the watch, has anyone else had this?

WeThreeKings
Regular

Apple Watch is one of the best smart watches, would like to see three selling them 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Great news on that front, we've actually started selling Apple Watch bundles just recently. They're only available in store and over the phone at the moment, but you can also get an add on to your existing plan if you already have the cellular watch.

dinot
Fledgling

I've the Galaxy Watch4 - makes me feel like I'm on stage with 'Matilda' replaying the breakfast scene... the one with the flying pancakes 🥞 🤩

Although they do often fall when the connection drops 

Here's to the Watch5 being more on-scene ️ 

SarahC
Employee
Employee

My favourite film ever! 😁❤️  Agreed, countdown to the Watch5 is on... 👀

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

I've used a smart watch since around 2012 when the Sony Smartwatch first came along. It didn't have Wear OS or anything like that on it because that wasn't around yet. I've been a huge fan ever since.

I moved onto the 2nd smart watch from Sony, then onto a Moto 360, there's been some Huawei watches, another Moto, and most recently I moved onto a TicWatch by Mobvoi. As each watch has improved with newer technology, it's added more and more to what I use a smart watch for. I used to use it to get notifications, and see the time of course. Now, it's a health tracker, counting steps, heart rate, and blood oxygen. It can answer calls, has my music library, and can tell me when some one is at my front door.

I'm really looking forward to the Google Pixel Watch later this year. What's everyone else using? Do you guys have any cool uses for your smart watches? 🙂 

Pete.

Vinco
Regular

I am really interested in getting a smart watch. Most likely one of the apple smart watches with cellular. Can I buy the watch outright and then have a sim only deal for the cellular on my apple smart watch?