Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let’s talk: Smart watches

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

In 2022, keeping time simply isn’t enough. If your watch is smart enough it can do so much more, and many of us now include them in our everyday outfits.  

We'd love to know how your wearable tech helps you live your best life, or what's keeping you from joining the craze.

Is your smart watch an important tool for your health and wellbeing?
Or is it vital in keeping you connected on the go?

What's the next advancement you're hoping to see in the world of wearable tech?

Personally, I don’t love the constant presence of all my notifications as I spend enough time on my phone as it is! But maybe there’s a good way to balance it out. Let me know your tips for making the most of your smart watch and what you love about it. 

76 REPLIES 76
StephR
Employee
Employee

Ah tracking your motorbike trips is a cool idea, Arron! Glad you're finding your smartwatch so handy, thanks for sharing 😊

Immy5526
Active

I don't have a smart watch.. I wouldn't really know where to start with them.  I would go for a smart ring though. 

Immy5526
Active

I don't have a smart watch.

I wouldn't really know where to start with them.  I would go for a smart ring though. 

StephR
Employee
Employee

Ooh, I saw someone paying for coffee with a smart ring recently! What a cool idea 😎

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Immy, welcome to Three Community.

DMWoolford
Fledgling

I purchased the galaxy 3 frontier smart watch. As I wear mi e face down it changes a lot when moving my hand. What's do I do.

Vickyeff
Fledgling

Working in a school it’s very unlikely I’m able to use my phone. Having my watch helps so much as I can still see if an important phone call or message comes through to me. I also don’t miss out on my own childrens events and pictures from their school Twitter as they come through to the watch too!

best thing I ever got!!

Manor_Greystoke
Fledgling

I've had a smart watch for an eternity (current model is a Fitbit Sense) and although there are loads of great features available, it seems like some of the manufacturers forget that most simple concept: that it must always be able to tell time! Ridiculous watch faces that are barely legible; faces that only work in am/pm or 24hr; so many apps draining battery life that you can't get through a day on a full charge; if it's not good as a watch, it's not good! 

Manor_Greystoke
Fledgling

I've had a smart watch for an eternity (current model is a Fitbit Sense) and although there are loads of great features available, it seems like some of the manufacturers forget that most simple concept: that it must always be able to tell time! Ridiculous watch faces that are barely legible; faces that only work in am/pm or 24hr; so many apps draining battery life that you can't get through a day on a full charge; if it's not good as a watch, it's not good! 

Evadnefelosial
Regular

My son is autistic so we use it to track his sleep to make sure he's getting enough and doesn't wake too much at night. It's been brilliant. 

Al
Fledgling

Used to wear a withings health tracking phone and tried a few smart watches, but I want the flexibility of wearing a different watch each week or day so now don't want to tie myself to a smart watch. I would only consider one if I coukd somehow wear it in addition to a regular watch... Without looking silly