cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-registering for My3 and the Three App

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

**Update 01/12/2023: We’re pleased to confirm, all accounts have been moved to the new My3, but we’ll keep this article in place as many of you still need to re-register. Unfortunately you won’t be able to change the email linked to your account without our help. If you have multiple numbers, are unable to access the email linked to your account, or need any other help re-registering, please get in touch.**

Hey Everyone,

We’ve been hard at work this year to upgrade the systems that support our network and your accounts. This means that we’ve been able to start providing lots of awesome new and improved services, like eSIM, smartwatch pairing, as well as a greater range and flexibility on our price plans.

We know that staying on top of your billing, and having easy access to all the options on your Three account is super important, so we’re also upgrading My3 and our Three App too. After the system update completes for your account, you’ll be asked to re-register for our new and improved My3, so we’ve created this guide to help make this as straightforward as possible for you.

Who will receive the update?

We’re updating every account that was opened before we launched our Three Your Way plans on 30th January 2023. We’ve already completed the update for a large number of customers, so if you’ve re-registered for My3 this year then don’t worry, you won’t need to repeat this process.

How will I know when I’ve been updated?

We’ll be in touch, look out for emails or texts from us about the system updates. We’ll give you notice of when we’re carrying out the work, then your My3 and App will temporarily be unavailable for a couple of days whilst we complete the updates. You’ll receive a further message to confirm when everything is good to go, and to let you know you can re-register for My3 again.

Do I need to do anything before the update?

For the smoothest experience, please ensure you have registered an email address with us before your account receives the update.

You will need to verify the email as part of this process, so please ensure that you have access to the email you have registered. If you have multiple phone numbers with Three, you should register a unique email to each number you have with us.

If you need to check or make any changes to your registered email, this can be done from My3 or the Three App before the update. If you wait till afterwards, you’ll need help from customer services to amend your email before you can re-register.

How do I re-register?

Just pop over to the login page, pop in your Three number, then select the “Register” button on the next page.

Enter your email address that is already registered with us, and then set a secure password of at least 12 characters. Any mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters are allowed.

Once you click register, you’ll get an OTP (One Time Passcode) by text, and an email with a verification link to complete your registration. We’ll continue to periodically send OTPs to you when you login if it’s been a while, or if we see a login from a new device, so we can help keep your account secure.

Need more help?

If you’re running into any issues with re-registering after your account is updated, then please give us a ring or have a chat with us.

Let us know in the comments what you think about the new look and feel of the updated My3 and App!

168 REPLIES 168
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sailorgirl,

Three+ isn't currently supported for Broadband SIMs, but you can sign up with any Three phone plan, including PAYG.

Thanks,
Jonathan

cristin
Fledgling

Hi, I am one of those still on the old PAYG sim.  On 25th Sept 2023 I received an SMS from Three saying there will be a system update between 28 Sept - 1 Oct 2023.  Meanwhile I travelled abroad to the USA (Go Roam destination) on the 26th Sept.  Roaming was working fine, I was able to use data/access the internet while in the USA but only up to 30th Sept.  I noticed on the 1 Oct that data/internet access doesn't work anymore, I thought nothing of it and that maybe it's a temporary thing.  However 3 days in now and it still isn't working.  I then remembered the system update and thought maybe it's related?  I also tried logging to My3 which asked me to re-register (i did), the app also has a new look now.  I tried going on Live Chat to ask someone about this, but I've been on hold for an hour now and i'm still in the queue.

Meantime I have tried various things, turn on and off airplane mode, restart my phone, reset network settings, and even upgrade my iPhone 12 to iOS 17.0.2.  

Surely there will be lots others out there who's having this issue, not sure if it only affects roaming or in the UK too.

I noticed that in the old website account management interface there was an option to turn on/off international roaming, which doesn't appear to be the case anymore now.  Could that be the reason - international roaming setting is turned off for my account, and I have no ability to turn this on myself in my online account anymore.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated (whilst I wait for someone from Live Chat to attend to me)

cristin
Fledgling

Turns out everything started working again on Oct 4th!

I managed to get hold of someone in Live Chat after 1 hour (second time) who told me "it's probably still the system upgrade, there are lots of issues so just wait".  Anyway I kept my fingers crossed and now it's ok.

I wanted to swap to eSIM now i don't dare try anything else!

hilary1066
Fledgling

Also in the USA and my new add-on hasn't worked ( costs taken from cash balance) .Did Three do anything or did it just start working again?  

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @hilary1066,

I sent you a PM to link to some more help with this after seeing your post on another thread, but just posting here too in case you didn't see it.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Ninefingers
Fledgling

I have 4 numbers (family numbers) all are originally registered with the same email.

I've re-registered my own number, now I cannot register the other numbers. I have Bern advised that I should use a different email. So, I tried this. And it didn't work. The different emails will not work.

Any guidance as how I should access these additional number accounts? 

Cheers 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ninefingers,

Did customer services update these additional emails on the respective accounts? If you call or chat with us then we'll update the saved email, then you would re-register after the new emails have all been linked on our end.

Thanks,
Jonathan

layolayo
Fledgling

You have rendered my account totally inaccessible for over 55 days now. I have spent over 5 hours on technical calls with your staff.

This is unacceptable and you are no longer providing the service that I signed a contract with you for.

Having 1 email associated to 2 numbers really isn't that big a problem... And yet you've managed to completely mess the whole thing up.

We have 2 numbers that will be leaving 3 immediately, and then 2 more to follow. 

Well done to the upgrade team! Awesome job guys

layolayo
Fledgling

The regulator says: “In more extreme cases, where repairs take much longer (for example, it takes longer than usual to access a mast site to undertake repairs), you may be entitled to an additional refund or account credit. In cases where you have been without service for some time, you may also have the right to leave the contract without penalty. There may be a term in your contract saying you can do this if your provider has failed in its obligations to you or breached a key condition.”

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @layolayo,

I appreciate your frustration, but you must be able to see that what you're quoting is about network infrastructure repairs, it directly refers to faulty masts.

We don't see registering an extra email or two as an unreasonable ask, I'm passing on the feedback that many customers want to merge all their numbers onto one email, but this isn't an issue where the regulations you're quoting are necessarily relevant.

Thanks,
Jonathan