cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Data Speeds at Cadwell Park, Lincs

cancunia
Active

Can someone from Three confirm when the Mobile Network Data services in the Cadwell Park area are going to be upgraded? There is currently no 4G service at Cadwell and only a 4Mbit 4G service on a nearby mast. I'm fairly sure about this as I've tested the services using Cell Info on my phone.

The 3G service is quite fast at Cadwell but for obvious reasons does not support  4G calling, however the coverage map suggests that 'Three Super Voice' (VOLTE AFAIK) has good coverage. 

I live locally to Cadwell but cannot get a good 4G signal for voice and so am keen to know what / when upgrades are planned.

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
3Gcouk
Active

Hi @cancunia

Looking at Cadwell Park  on Three's coverage map you have 3G and 4G but no 5G as yet. 4G coverage within Cadwell Park has some areas which have both indoor and outdoor coverage but some with just outdoor coverage. You may be in an area that only has good outdoor 4G coverage.

I would suggest you head here https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support 

This lists things to check and if that dosnt help I suggest you then make contact with customer services for technical support .

From your Three phone 333 from any other phone 0333 338 1001

3Gcouk
Active

Hi cancunia

Looking at Cadwell Park area on the Three coverage checker I can see that you have 3G and 4G coverage but no 5G as yet.

With 4G, some parts of Caldwell Park have both indoor and outdoor 4G coverage whilst other areas have only outdoor 4G coverage. You may be in an area with no indoor 4G coverage.

I would suggest that you head here https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support where you can find useful checklists.

The only other thing I could suggest is that you contact customer services and ask for technical support.

From your Three phone 333

From any other phone 0333 338 1001

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @cancunia 👋

Some great advice from @3Gcouk there, as the network checker is the best place for updates on your area. But I I've also sent you a private message, just so we can take a closer look from our side too. Just click your avatar and then 'Messages' to check your inbox.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

cancunia
Active

Apologies again for the double post, no replies on the Network section so thought that as it's Data related, maybe better in the Broadband section...

Can someone from Three confirm when the Mobile Network Data services in the Cadwell Park area are going to be upgraded? There is currently no 4G service at Cadwell and only a 4Mbit 4G service on a nearby mast. I'm fairly sure about this as I've tested the services using Cell Info on my phone.

The 3G service is quite fast at Cadwell but for obvious reasons does not support  4G calling, however the coverage map suggests that 'Three Super Voice' (VOLTE AFAIK) has good coverage. 

I live locally to Cadwell but cannot get a good 4G signal for voice and so am keen to know what / when upgrades are planned.

Thanks 

sc1999
Local celebrity

Having read posts from moderators the answer is no, they cannot give info on planned works. There is a link somewhere on the 3 website where you can register interest for 5G. So all you can do is wait along with a lot of others, myself included.

cancunia
Active

I'd be happy with a decent 4G speed. Shame there's no link between the forum & Three, I'll chase via the Three web site, but that generally gives a very er generic response. If I get any news, I'll report back.

cancunia
Active

So, I contacted Three via Web Chat & not surprisingly I was told that according to the coverage checker, 4G is good where I live. I was also told that there's no way to contact anyone else about this, other than maybe in a Three store... 

cancunia
Active

@StephR 

Thanks for your message, I have replied to you with more detail. 

-----------------

For info in case anyone else comes across this thread wondering about coverage at or around Cadwell Pk:

The coverage checker shows good 4G at my address which, so far as I can tell,  is covered by the masts at Cadwell Park. Also, so far as I can tell from testing with an app on my phone while physically at the following locations, there is no 4G service from Three at Cadwell, only 3G. The nearest 4G service comes from a mast at Stenigot and that is only 4Mbit/s.  The signal at my house is not very good on either 3G or 4G and only works upstairs. This has always been the case and is why I had a HomeSignal device.

I am happy to be corrected about my findings, but if so,  ask for some details about the location of the relevant towers with data speeds & channels etc. 

I don't expect 5G to reach my house at any point in the near future and TBPH am not really fussed about that.