cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware eSim nightmare !

Clever-Trevor
Involved

Be aware,

I was on a support call with Three about my Apple Watch issue & the support person said an eSim will fix it - and before we had finished the conversation - I received an email with eSim ( which was not requested & did not / would not fix my issue )

However, so far no harm I thought - I was wrong!

While still on with support - they realised an eSim would not work - but suddenly connection dropped & ‘No Service’ on my Three line & no internet….

As apparently - when they issue an eSim it removes ( blocks) the physical sim ‘Immediately’ ! ( rather than wait for an installation )… - as you might not want to activate it immediately 

Anyways - when I go back to support - they cannot txt me a code to confirm identity because sim now locked!

And - when I finally do get back to them - they same cannot reactivate old SIM - I must either visit a store or 1-3 days by post ( or activate the eSim ! - )

What is frustrating - is - waited ‘years’ for eSim on Three & now they activate it before agreeing - but moreover - if I have my old physical SIM, they block it & cannot be re-activated ( only via a new sim )……

Why can they not have make it more seem less - like - scan the QR code & eSim activates etc….

Hell- what a day….

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG This is absolutely to a tee the self same thing in the same order that happened to me about a month ago!

You have my unfailing sympathy.

Dieard
Fledgling

Hi, have you solved this? I’m having similar issue.

im not receiving the eSIM email but they have blocked my SIM card now too. 

Clever-Trevor
Involved

Hi, 

Nope! 

They cannot seem to fix it….

They fobbed me off saying takes 72 hrs! ….. ( so about another 24hr to go… )

Is odd that they send new Physical SIM & arrived next day - had email saying its been setup & all I need do is insert in phone to activate it - but ! - that did not work….

So I remain stuck with new Physical SIM - with ‘No Service’

Whats infuriating is they made mistake with emailing me an eSim which activated ‘immediately’ - but cannot fix activating a physical sim….

So I remain very unhappy 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

HI @Clever-Trevor,

I've sent you a PM just now to refer you onto a team that can take a closer look and get this escalated if it's still ongoing.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

DarrenH
Fledgling

Seems like Three still haven't resolved their esim issues.  I requested one three weeks ago and still waiting.  Every time I just get told its been escalated and to give it a little longer. 

It's really not good enough.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

THREE WEEKS ! You should’ve received the email containing the eSIM within three minutes. Have you thought about raising a complaint?