Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call issues 01/12/2022

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi everyone,

We're aware that some of our customers are having issues placing calls this morning. We're working to investigate and resolve that as soon as possible and will post further updates here.

*Update 11.15am*

The issue is currently being resolved and we hope to have it fully fixed in the next few hours. In the meantime, anyone affected should try restarting their device, which may help restore the connection. 

*Update 4.55pm* 

Hi everyone. Apologies to anyone still be experiencing issues with phone calls. We're still working to resolve the issue and hope to have it fully sorted soon. Calls that fail initially may connect successfully on a second try. 

*Update 6pm*

Hi again, everyone.

This issue has now been fixed. Thank you so much for your patience, we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

8 REPLIES 8
Viv
Fledgling

Basildon Essex area is having issues on network calls and Wi-Fi calls please fix

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @Viv, I'm really sorry your calls have been impacted by this issue today too. 

We've managed to fix the problem described in our original post above, so you should find that your calls and Wi-Fi calls are working again.

Please give it a try, restarting your phone or resetting your network settings if you're still having trouble. If that doesn't help, drop us a line to let us know - we'll do all we can to help.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

SWalsh
Regular

Hi, both my wife and I, we are both with Three, are unable to make or receive phone calls. Fortunately our Three Broadband is working so we are currently able to use WhatsApp. Is there any further update on this outage?

thank you

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi @SWalsh, thanks for checking in here on the community. 

I'm really sorry this issue impacted both you and your wife, I get that's far from ideal. Our team behind the scenes have now resolved the problem, so you should find that your calls are working as normal once more.

If you're still having trouble and a restart or refresh or your network settings doesn't help, let us know! We'll do all we can to help you further.

HalfP1nt
Fledgling

I am still unable to make calls and it’s 16:17 ( are the problems still an issue as I’ve tried restarting phone 

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @HalfP1nt, thanks for your patience while we worked through this issue, really sorry it impacted your calls.

The problem is resolved now, so please let us know if you're still having trouble after a restart / refresh of your network settings. 

Flossie88
Fledgling

This current issue is not new. I’ve been having the problem for weeks now. All my calls were diverting to voicemail.contacted 3 .they disabled voicemail so now when people try and phone me they just get call failed or no ringing tone.I like many don’t have a land line and my phone is my lifeline.As a vulnerable person I worry that I cannot call for help if I need it. Or when people try and contact me will worry and call the police.This is virtually a life death scenario for not just me but many vulnerable people, so GET IT SORTED

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi @Flossie88, thanks for joining us here at Three Community.

The problem described above only cropped up today and has now been resolved. It sounds like you're impacted by a different issue, but either way I'm really sorry you've had trouble with calls recently. Let's try to figure out what's causing that.

Before this issue started, had your calls always worked well? Are you in a good coverage area and are there any updates for your postcode on our network status checker?

Are you able to make outbound calls or do those also fail?

Finally, have you tried resetting your network settings? The steps to do that are usually found in the Settings menu on your phone, under Reset or Network options.

Let us know more and we'll do all we can to help you. I've also sent you a Private Message with a few extra details, so we can help you with this issue as best we can. Just click your avatar image and then 'Messages' to find that.

StephR