cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot keep Number with THREE if I transfer to PAYG monthly roaming from Pay Monthly (both SIM only)

alepal
Fledgling

Hi, looking for advice please as a long standing THREE customer.

I am currently on a SIM only Pay Monthly contract with 9 mths to end of 24 mth contract. I wish to change at the end to a PAYG rolling monthly contract (SIM only) … to enhance my GoRoam (Worldwide) requirements … but have been advised that I cannot keep my number in this case ?? Is that correct ?? Why would that be and are there any workarounds before I take my business elsewhere ?? Thank you. Not sure if it makes any difference but I have my own iPhone14 which has no sim slot … so this entails eSIM only. Best Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange as it sounds there is a workaround as you call it ! At the end of your contract you port your number out of Three onto another network obviously on a payg basis. You then get a Three payg SIM card and get a PAC (porting code) from the other network and you then port your number back to Three but this time it’ll be on a payg basis. It’s a faff I know but that’s your workaround.

MZone
Superstar

As Paddiewack states porting your number out to another network and back in is the only workaround at this point. I have read somewhere that when 3 updated their systems it stopped them from being able to move a number from pay monthly to PAYG. Seams ridiculous I know. Maybe @JonathanB can confirm this is the case.   

BusDriver
Fledgling

I ported my number from pay monthly to PAYG in order to keep GoRoam. No workaround needed but did need to get some of the user details updated in a store. That said, with the appalling service issues recently - currently unable to make calls from abroad - I wish I’d just ported it to another network.