cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage got worse

Lecsikon
Fledgling

I have iPhone 15 Pro. 4G Signal has always been great at work (CB23 8SL), until 2 or 3 months ago, now calls are terrible, one way audio most of the time, data is abysmal too.

As a telco field engineer, I’d suggest either there’s too many subscribers for the local cell site or not enough cell density to cover the area sufficiently. 

At home (CB9 ***), calls are fine and data is fine, both using 5G. Been with 3 for 20+ years, but intend to move as soon as I can, to get a better (for me) service provider. Such a shame.

Any ideas how to escalate this with 3, I have been around the FAQ and device loops.

thanks,

Ben

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

If you check the network status checker you will see the messages below:

CB9 *** - We're working on fixing an issue in this area at the moment. We're sorry for any disruption this may be causing.

CB23 8SL - There is, at times, heavy usage in this local area. As a result, you may experience varying data speeds depending on how many customers are connecting to our network via your closest mast. We’re always working to improve our network and aim to provide the best experience possible.

It's clear that 3 acknowledge congestion at CB23 8SL. How long will it take to fix both issues only 3 know, or may know, and they are not saying. Patience is required as many of us are suffering these issues. With the replacement of 3g and upgrades to 5g 3 do not have the capacity to sort everything today. In my rural area all networks are poor but there are signs that 3 have upgraded my slow 3g to slow 4g.

Paddiewack
Superstar

Well said;same situation as me. Thank goodness for WiFi calling at home. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Ben,

We've removed your home postcode from the thread just for your security there. I appreciate it's helpful in highlighting the network issue, but we need to remove customer data such as addresses from posts.

As @sc1999 mentioned, it sounds like we are aware of the issue, but if it's down to capacity then it can take some time to address. The message does indicate that it will be raising alarms in the system, and hopefully prioritise future upgrades. If you chat or call with customer services about network issues, then any relevant postcodes are captured by a system too, so it may help if you and any colleagues using Three get in touch, but I do need to set expectations that it won't necessarily have an immediate impact on this type of limitation

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.