Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does THREE_WIFI on TfL reliably work for anybody?

angled
Fledgling

Has anybody figured out how to get the THREE_WIFI service on the tube to work reliably?  The old Virgin Media system used to work just fine for me - a little clunky but mostly worked.  But the THREE_WIFI system seems to be a disaster.  My phone rarely, if ever, automatically connects. And when it does it can never hold a connection.  The connection almost always drops within a few seconds and I have to manually try to get it to reconnect.  More often than not the train is leaving the station and I still haven't been able to establish a usable connection.

I saw a few threads about this from last year but nothing recently. Does the system now work for most people, and it's only me who has the issue?  Is there some trick to getting it to work?

I'm using a fully up-to-date iPhone 13 Pro if that's relevant.

2 REPLIES 2
coffeedrinker1
Regular

Doesn't work for me either - tend to use my work phone with o2 instead which gets excellent coverage across the Underground.

angled
Fledgling

When you say it doesn't work, do you mean you can't connect to THREE_WIFI *at all*?  Or that you have the same symptoms as me, where it *is* possible to connect (manually) but the connection just won't hold for more than a few seconds?