cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eu data passport not working

Nikrit
Fledgling

My son in Germany and I bought 14 day pass and he can’t get it to work. On my account shows passport but says not activated but according to rep today it’s all there and working. But my sone still can’t use it and it still showing as not activated. 
how do I fix it? As three just say it’s there and all working 

5 REPLIES 5
MZone
Maestro

It activates itself when once you use any of your allowances and you get an SMS to confirm this. Check data roaming is switched on in phone settings. Try doing a manual roam on the phone to look for the network. Failing that contact customer services as maybe roaming is not enabled on your Three account. 

tarantella
Rising star

Check in the Three app that your spend cap is not set to zero.

Also, check via Live Chat that your credit limit isn't set to £1.

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Nikrit,

I'm sorry to hear your son has had trouble getting the Data Pass to work while in Germany, I know this must be frustrating.

Some really good points here made by @MZone and @tarantella when it comes to troubleshooting an issue with roaming.

Has your son been able to get connected since this post? If not, please do let me know and I'll provide further support.

Thanks,
Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Nikrit
Fledgling

Thanks none of the suggestions from people apply. The customer service just keep saying working but on account still not active and he is still being charged individually for using data. The two passes (already a complaint as no email of purchase and pushed wrong one) so now have two on uk account been charged won’t refund. Yet 3 days later still not working, no email from purchases and being billed for data being used 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Nikrit,

I'm sorry to hear this is ongoing for you. Just to clarify, so roaming services are working, i.e calls, texts, and data, however daily roaming fees are being charged instead of using a roaming pass add on?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.