cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full 4G signal but no data connection in Keswick

tstranack
Fledgling

Just been to Keswick for a short break and was disappointed to find that despite having a full 4G signal I was unable to get a data connection, probably due to congestion, for the whole of my stay. These mobile providers really need to be held to account. They increase their plan prices year on year, stating it is to upgrade their network, yet I am finding that I am unable to get a data connection in more an more places. I am also finding that places where I could get data I can no longer which I firmly believe is due to their 3G network close down. My contract is up in October and seriously considering taking my business elsewhere.

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelP
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi, @tstranack,

Sorry to hear that you had issues with your connection during your travels. 

Please use our Network Status checker to see if any issues or work in the area has been impacting the service. The checker may also provide some additional info on any 3G mast switch offs that will take place in the region during 2024. 

By switching off our 3G network, we can re-use the 3G spectrum for our 4G and/or 5G service. That means we aim to eventually offer higher-quality calls, smoother streaming, quicker downloads, and better overall performance once this process is completed.

Thanks,
Michael

tstranack
Fledgling

Hi Michael.

No issues in the area and 3G is still available. It is clearly a congestion issue which is totally unacceptable considering Three put their prices up every year to "improve the network". All I see is the network getting worse, despite increasing charges. Perhaps I should report the matter to OFCOM.