cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Louis

Beefy
Fledgling

Hi,

I live in the BN10 area of East Sussex. Data over 3's  4G / 5G network in this area has been dramatically impacted after the storm in early November. Our whole family rely on 3 for both calls and in particular data.

One member has been without workable internet connection (Zyxel NR5101 and external antenna) and has had to temporarily switch to an alternative provider until there is a resolution.

I have spoken to technical support only to be told it is `congestion'    TOTAL BS!

Our 5G data connection is via a Mast in a BN2 postcode. Your service status page changes on a daily basis from no issues to engineers working on a problem. This would seem to indicate a severe technical issue that is not being addressed correctly and needs elevating.

Finally, can you please explain why there is a brand new 3 / EE 5/4G monopole built in BN10 over two years ago which has never been placed in service?

Thank you in advance. 

1 REPLY 1
sc1999
Local celebrity

There have been a number of posts covering your issues. New masts may take a long time before coming into service.  3 may have done the building work but decided the capacity is not required or the kit has been allocated elsewhere.  I can assure you it has been installed near me.

If there is a problem with a local antenna or cell then more pressure is placed on the remaining cells. EE had this problem in my area for several months.

The network status checker changes for me from no problem to working nearby frequently. I think that 3, and other networks,  are struggling on 3 fronts; the 3g switch off, supply chain caused by various things including not be able to use Chinese kit and man power.

The final problem is 3's inability to be honest enough to be honest.