cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network outage

wae1968
Fledgling

My local 3 transmitter (postcode BT92 ***) has been down for the last three weeks. Call centre people keep telling me it’ll be repaired within 7 days, obviously untrue. We have 6 contract handsets and our home internet all running from this mast and now all basically unusable in the local area. Could you please give me some genuine information about a timeframe when this will be sorted or should I consider another provider? I’ve already moved the home internet service over to Vodaphone in order to type this!

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

Hi, the network status checker showed work being done on my mast for 3 months. I was called by a 2nd line engineer who apologised and gave me 7 days credit but could only tell me that they had equipment supply issues. About a week later I had a text that work had been completed. I have no idea what they did as my phone can show H, H+, 3g, 4g and 5g within the space of a few minutes. I am not sure that the people who actually know the time frame for repairs are allowed to speak to the customers. In my area all of the networks have coverage and performance issues which is why I stick with BT and FTTP.

richs
Fledgling

Seems like a recurring theme with these outages, no information, little contact us on the phone, and call staff just refunding money when you do get through in some way. Just want stuff fixed and to be informed. Network status checker is never updated from what I see.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @wae1968,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these issues with your connection for the last 3 weeks. We're limited in what info we can share about network faults or maintenance, but I'll private message you so that we can get you in touch with some colleagues that may be able to help.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

wae1968
Fledgling

Signal has now improved but still drops out occasionally. How do I access PMs?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @wae1968,

Click on your avatar from the top right of any community page, then "Messages". If you've verfied your email then you also receive an email each time there's a PM sent to your account.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.