cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not seeing signal expected

Terry
Fledgling

I've recently moved house and purchased a 4G hub to provide my Internet.

The Three signal checker stated I should get excellent signal.

I have the hub in my conservatory next to the window and it only gets 2 sometimes 3 bars.

As for my phone, indoors it gets 1 bar at best.

Any ideas why I'm not getting the excellent signal the checker said I would get?

2 REPLIES 2
Officina-red
Involved

The checker is really only a guide to coverage, have you tried the hub on the upstairs windowsills, that’s usually the best position. 

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey Terry,

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear you've not been getting the best speeds since moving house.

To get the best out of your Three Broadband connection, you'll need to make sure your hub is free of any obstructions and at least one metre away from other electrical items like TVs or cordless phones.

We recommend placing your hub on a windowsill to help it receive the best possible signal from our network, as @Officina-red has mentioned. I'd maybe try moving the hub out of the conservatory and on to a windowsill to see if this makes any difference.

If you don't see an improvement, I'd recommend reaching out to our Broadband Support team as they'll be able to run some more tests and help get to the root cause of the issue.

Thanks,
Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.