cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC Issue

wagster
Fledgling

Hi, bear with me on this as might be a bit long winded.

Took out a new contract in May 23 but did not bring my old number across at that time as still had 3 months left to go on my EE contract.

Requested a PAC code from EE last month and last week I did the online PAC request with Three. Today was the switching day and throughout today I received a couple of text messages telling me it was happening and that it was now complete. Now this is where the problems start.

For all intense and purposes to make things a bit clearer, I am using 2 phones with the Three Sim in one and the EE Sim in another, we will just call these Three Sim and EE Sim.

Three phone originally had active Three Sim ending in 123.

EE phone had active EE Sim ending 456.

EE number 456 was to be transferred over to Three Sim and Three number ending 123 then disconnected.

After the PAC was apparently completed this is what I now can and cannot do.

Three Sim has now changed from 123 to 456, 123 no longer available (As expected).

Three Sim can now call and send texts to any network.

Three Sim can receive calls from a Three network number.

Three Sim cannot receive calls from any other network provider.

EE Sim is still currently active.

EE Sim still can still send text and make calls. Any texts or calls made using the device, the receiving device reports the number as ending 456.

Depending on what network the receiver is on, different scenarios happen.

Anybody who is on BT/EE network, replying to a text from the EE Sim, the text only gets received by the EE Sim.

Anybody on any other network, replying to the EE Sim text will send the message to the Three Sim.

If a text message is sent from the Three Sim to anybody on any network, replying to the text message will send the message only to the Three Sim.

Three Sim will call any network.

If someone who is on a Three network, when they try and call 456 the Three Sim will pick up the call.

If someone who is on a BT/EE network, when they try and call 456 the EE Sim will pick up the call.

If someone who is on another network i.e., Vodafone, when they try and call 456 the call will not connect.

If someone calls from a BT landline, when they try and call 456 the EE Sim will pick up the call.

I have been in online chat with Three who wasn’t much help and not sure if they grasped the full extent of the problem but they have escalated it. I have spoke to EE and it bamboozled the person, and my EE account is still active, he suggested getting another PAC code from them and going through the process again but, when he tried to get me another PAC the system wouldn’t let him so at the moment I am none the wiser.

Hope this all makes some sense

Anybody ever had this issue before and have any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @wagster 

That's really frustrating! Sorry to hear this. 

I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
John

MZone
Key player

See further info here