Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC code

stephcufleyuk
Regular

Someone please help! 
basically I ported my number to three yesterday- (to a pay as you go sim). unknown to me I actually needed to be on a different network so I asked three for my PAC today. I’ve been pushed from pillar to post and all I keep getting it ‘due to technical issues this cannot be generated’. I NEED my number for work and it needs to be on my new sim. Can anyone shed any light. Why won’t they just generate a blooming PAC! 

Best solution
Best solution

Can confirm MZone is correct. Strangely enough a similar situation occurred fairly recently to my scatterbrained daughter. Once the port is complete a new one can be generated. Follow MZone’s directions in the morning and you’ll be fine. 

View solution in conversation

11 REPLIES 11
MZone
Rising star

Don’t think they can generate a new one on the day of the port or until the port has completed fully. If you try tomorrow should be ok. 

To get your PAC, text PAC and your date of birth (DDMMYY) to 65075.

stephcufleyuk
Regular

Oh I really hope you’re right. It says only you can request a PAC at any time which is why I didn’t think this could be an option, but hopefully you’re right! 

Best solution

Can confirm MZone is correct. Strangely enough a similar situation occurred fairly recently to my scatterbrained daughter. Once the port is complete a new one can be generated. Follow MZone’s directions in the morning and you’ll be fine. 

Thank you so much. I am definitely a scatter brain 😂

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @stephcufleyuk,

Just to confirm as @MZone and @Paddiewack said you can't take a new PAC whilst one is already generated from another UK network. There's shared systems between all UK providers, so if one network had a PAC active for you, no other provider can give a PAC till that's closed off.

You should be all good to claim another one now if the port completed yesterday. If you're having any more difficulties please let me know though.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

Thank you so much. I was able to generate one this morning and have requested the move which should happen tomorrow. The main issue I have with all of this is that ALL the advisors yesterday didn’t just tell me this, and instead said ‘maybe call back in a week’. If they’d just said ‘it needs to be 24 hours after’ it would have saved me (and them!) a lot of stress! 

Thank you! 

An absolute pleasure and glad you’re sorted. 

MZone
Rising star

Love how your post got marked the best solution 🤣🤣🤣

Paddiewack
Superstar

I did think that to myself believe it or not. I’ll give you a compensatory like.😉