Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG sim

Joc69
Fledgling

I’m on a monthly sim only contract with 3 which is coming to an end.  I was thinking of swapping to a PAYG sim also still with 3, can I take my number across to the PAYG sim

3 REPLIES 3
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey Joc! Welcome to Three Community 😊 Have you had a look at your Pay Monthly upgrade options yet? What's got you thinking of switching to Pay As You Go?

If it's definitely what you'd like to do, the answer is yes - you can move your existing number on to a new Pay As You Go SIM, but it'll take a few steps:

• Request a new Pay As You Go SIM online or pick one up in store
  • Cancel down your Pay Monthly account by requesting a PAC. Find out how to do that here
  • Once you've got your Pay As You Go SIM set up (and have received the text with your new Pay As You Go number), you can use the Three Pay As You Go app to move your old number over. Just pop in your PAC and a few other details to complete the transfer

Hope that helps! 

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Joc69
Fledgling

I was planning to switch to PAYG as my contact is ending and I was told in store that I would lose my feel at home facility. I’ve since spoken to someone who has said as long as I do not cancel my contact I will still get the feel at home roaming facility. Please can you confirm that this is correct?

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Feel at Home, or Go Roam as it's now called, is still part of our newer contracts, Joc. What the store might have been referring to is the change that was introduced in October 2021. 

If you're on a plan where the contract was started or renewed before 01/10/21, you will be able to use Go Roam for free. If you're on a plan that was taken or renewed any time on or after 01/10/21, there's a £2 daily charge to unlock access to your Go Roam allowances. 

You can find out more about what Go Roam currently offers here. It's also worth noting that Pay As You Go plans are currently able to use Go Roam without the daily charge as well 🙂 

Pete.