cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi

Nodden
Fledgling

I have an Alcatel Pixi 4 phone, on the 3 network. My internet provider is Virgin media. Can I connect to virigin media from my phone? When I remove the ethernet cable from the hub, neither the phone, nor my PC identifies the wifi SSID name.

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Nodden,

Welcome to the Three Community.

Just to check, so this seems to be a problem with your Virgin Media router's WiFi network being detected?

In general, we're not aware of any issues connecting to Virgin Media routers from Three phones. Just to clarify are you saying that the router WiFi can't be detected from any device, but it will connect with ethernet? 

It may be worth checking the router admin pages to make sure that the WiFi network is enabled, in case this has been accidentally switched off. It's also always worth rebooting the router if you haven't tried this already.

Virgin's help team may be better placed to support with this issue, as the fact that your phone and PC can't discover the network indicates it's unlikely to be a Three network related issue. Have you been able to speak to them about this?

JonathanB 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.