cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor internet connection

KasiaM
Fledgling

Hi! I have been having problems with mobile data lately. It was fine before, but for about a month the connection is very unstable and breaks.Any ideas about the reason behind it? 

5 REPLIES 5
Geluk
Key player

Have you checked your postcode in 3's NETWORK COVERAGE page?

MichaelP
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @KasiaM 

Welcome to the Three Community!

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing some problems with your mobile data.

Have you been able to check the expected coverage, and for any faults on our coverage and network status checkers

This may shed some light for you on anything impact service in your area.

Thanks,
Michael

Greylox
Fledgling

Same in postcode ******, for the last week I've had at best 0.02 mb download speed.  I can't work from home, can't watch streaming, can't game...I basically have no Internet even though I'm paying for it.  Absolutely terrible.  Going to have to leave if this goes on past the weekend, I think I've been more than patient.  Customer service just kept saying it was congestion but it's clearly much more than that.  If something is being fixed just say that, I want to know when it will be working again.

MichaelP
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello @Greylox,

Thanks for getting in touch, and we're sorry to hear you're experiencing drops in speed over the past week.

Congestion can be unpredictable and, unfortunately, it wouldn't be possible to provide a timeframe for when this may clear up. 

Did Customer Services give any information or options to you when you reached out?

Thanks,
Michael

Greylox
Fledgling

It's not congestion it's something much worse.  I was in all weekend and I couldn't even watch YouTube at 240p without it having to buffer.  It was consistently under 1 mb download speed.  The best I got was 1.37mb download speed at around 2am.  Something is massively broken with 3.  It's not my phone either.  Speeds have been fine for years and now this has happened.  I literally can't do anything productive online so if it isn't sorted jn a few days I'm going to have to cancel my contract and move to ee.