cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor network coverage

Elliemac42
Active

I’m constantly dealing with poor connection there seems to be constant work going on when I type in is my area affected a good 80 percentage it is 

I get a small discount only now & then & that’s after iv brought it up 

I was nearly scammed because 3 network coverage is famous for being poor so I have to beware constantly that scammers are playing on this I was sent a very affective email with the 3 logo I only started taking there call because they started with HAVE YOU SUFFERED FROM POOR NETWORK FROM 3 

something needs to be done a provide good coverage & b be aware it’s public knowledge 3 network is poor so phishing is happing a lot 

7 REPLIES 7
sc1999
Local celebrity

This is not unique to 3. I use 3, O2 and Vodafone and all of them are poor in my area. EE is unreliable with appalling customer service. We can only hope that due to the 3g switch off investment will be made to give all of us reliably consistent 4g as a minimum. I get 20% discount for the duration of my contract from 3. 

Nick_London
Active

You see I have a totally different experience, I have found Three and EE to be the very best. Also I don't experience throttling which Vodafone is famous for, sure Three has trafficsense but its not as bad as the throttling on Vodafone and O2 especially when they know you're using mobile hotspot and using a lot of data.

Vodafone has been shutting down 3G in many areas and they started this in June 2023, in the areas they shut down 3G, the 4G and mostly the 5G has improved a lot.

Now Three and EE will be switching off 3G throughout 2024 and this means they will be able to shift that capacity to 4G and 5G.

Give it a chance and make sure you keep contacting Three about it.

If you go to the Contact us section on the main Three UK website, there is a complaint option and just fill in your details and someone will call you back within 5 to 7 days and they will log this. 

Three WAS famous for patchy 3G coverage and when they started mast sharing with T-Mobile creating MBNL, things improved very quickly.

You see Three built a network from scratch when everyone had mobiles and people had got used to strong national 2G coverage. The early days of Orange and One2one (EE) were the same. 

However, nowadays the 5G on Three in many areas reaches very high speeds and I've never experienced this except EE but there prices are too expensive. Many of there cheaper deals which are capped at 100mb speed, what's the point of 5G if its capped? Vodafone also does the same. So when they both say 5G at no extra cost that's simply not true. 

Elliemac42
Active

All seem to have there issues yet again my 3 network is down . Im glad if you haven’t had these issues yet I am . I assure you I never take calls I do not know yet there is phishing going on saying is your 3 network poor etc 

Elliemac42
Active

Out in the rain and wind trying to download when I have an unlimited data contract . Call my old fashioned I think 🤔 it’s not on to keep charging for a service that’s poorly provided 

Lawrenr
Regular

I have poor coverage at home and I have tested 2 other locations on many occasions with 3 different phone models . All are listed on the 3 coverage checker as excellent for 4g. Coverage is in fact non existent- you can make a phone call or a basic data operation like fetching an email. Does any authority check 3s claims or can 3 just lie about coverage with basic

Lawrenr
Regular

Last word was impunity not basic 

Lawrenr
Regular

I have poor coverage at home and I have tested 2 other locations within 2 miles of home on many occasions, with 3 different phone models . All locations are listed on the 3 coverage checker as excellent for 4g. Coverage is in fact non existent- you can’t make a phone call or a basic data operation like fetching an email. When I raised this with 3 they said the coverage is excellent because the coverage checker says so!! Does any authority check 3s claims or can 3 just lie about coverage with impunity?