cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Unlimited Lite Airtime Plan - No network/calls allowance?

Webster12721235
Regular

I purchased a new phone and contract last week, a Unlimited Lite Airtime plan with 5G and unlimited data and calls.

My new SIM arrived but it did not have my old SIM's number. A week later the old contract has fully ended but the number still hasn't switched over.

I get no mobile data internet access using the new SIM, and I can't call anyone either. 

I can't seem to find a direct line to Three's support (just a phone number that leads to an automated system that does nothing).

Best solution
Best solution
Webster12721235
Regular

Ended up going into the shop and they confirmed it's just a PAYG SIM, it only didn't work when I tried removing it this morning because the network is down haha. Thanks for the help!

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

Did you upgrade or take out a new contract? If you upgraded then all you needed to do was put your old SIM in the new phone. If you purchased a new contract you would have a new number and the old number would not be ported across. You would need a PAC code, transfer to a new network and then back to 3. Also, 3 have a habit of putting a free PAYG SIM in with new phones. No idea why but you would not be the first person to be confused.

Webster12721235
Regular

I was thinking exactly this this morning. The new SIM has messages on it about PAYG, my account has updated with the new plan (still against my old number) and my old SIM worked fine for internet.

They should probably be more clear about their phones coming with PAYG SIMs lmao.

sc1999
Local celebrity

They should make it clear, or just not bother. It's a marketing idea that just causes confussion.

Best solution
Webster12721235
Regular

Ended up going into the shop and they confirmed it's just a PAYG SIM, it only didn't work when I tried removing it this morning because the network is down haha. Thanks for the help!