cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number to wrong SIM

TiffanyJane
Fledgling

Hello!

My partner ordered a phone on 3 from affordablemobiles.com over the phone. Five minutes later, I noticed a better phone for only slightly more, also on 3. We tried to cancel the first order, but they said it was too late and it was already being despatched. But this wouldn't be a problem, just return the first phone and everything would be fine.

A couple of days later, we had two phones and two 3 SIM cards. I returned the phone and SIM card that we didn't want.

A few days later got an email from affordablemobiles.com saying there was a problem cancelling the original order with the network.

It turns out my partner had used her PAC to transfer her old mobile number to the SIM we had returned!

A couple more days, and another email from affordablemobiles.com, "We have successfully cancelled your contract with the network." and stated further down the email, "If you still have your old SIM card, you can insert it into an unlocked handset to retrieve the PAC. Alternatively you can contact Three directly on 0333 338 1041 to obtain it."

We tried this, and after finally getting through to someone in customer support (took a while), were told we couldn't cancel this order until we used the PAC provided. Which is something we can't do as we returned the SIM that the PAC had been sent to.

So at the moment we have one phone and one SIM, but two mobile contracts; and we can't cancel the one for the phone we returned.

We were told to contact affordable mobiles again to try and resolve this.Which we did, and they said, "It is on the SIM that you have returned to us. You will now need to request a SIM swap directly from Three. You will need to provide this SIM number ******************* and this mobile number *************** (her original one). They will then send you a replacement SIM and the PAC code will be on that SIM".

Am I correct in thinking when we do this, we will have to use that PAC to transfer her old number to a different network?. And if she wants to use her "old" number on 3, get a PAC from a different network and transfer that to 3.

Sorry for the rambling post. Our simple mistake has caused a load a stress: hopefully someone can help us resolve this!

Thanks, Tiffany.

1 REPLY 1
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, TiffanyJane. 

Welcome to the Three Community. 

Golly gosh, that sounds like quite a mix up. It's difficult to know what the best advice is without having access to your account details. 

I'll drop you a PM with some info so that we can have a look into it for you before doing anything else. 

Pete.