Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting and messages

Ruthe
Fledgling

We recently joined three and ported our O2 numbers. We can call using our old O2 number on three but when sending texts, they send and receive from the three SIM number? Does anyone know how to solve? 

Best solution
Best solution
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi Ruthe, welcome to Three Community 😊

We occasionally see this issue crop up on iOS. Are you using an iPhone? If so, here's a handy few steps that should clear it:

First of all, check that your number is showing correctly by tapping Settings > Phone > My number. If the number showing here is incorrect and you have the option to edit it, type in the right one.

Next, turn iMessage and FaceTime off, then restart your device and turn them back on:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.

Let us know how you get on, or if you're seeing this issue on another make and model of device. We'll do all we can to get it sorted.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

View solution in conversation

8 REPLIES 8
Best solution
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi Ruthe, welcome to Three Community 😊

We occasionally see this issue crop up on iOS. Are you using an iPhone? If so, here's a handy few steps that should clear it:

First of all, check that your number is showing correctly by tapping Settings > Phone > My number. If the number showing here is incorrect and you have the option to edit it, type in the right one.

Next, turn iMessage and FaceTime off, then restart your device and turn them back on:

3. Restart your device.
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.

Let us know how you get on, or if you're seeing this issue on another make and model of device. We'll do all we can to get it sorted.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

HelenW
Fledgling

Hi do you have a solution foe Android - Samsung Galaxy S8?   I know it can't be done from the ZFlip ....   Inhave read online that if I go instore they can "correct" the simm info??? 

cseden
Fledgling

Hi there, I am having this issue today having ported from EE. If someone rings me on my old EE number my phone rings but on settings > phone > my number it had the new Three number on there and I’m unable to save it when I change it. Can you advise please. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cseden,

Is this issue still happening for you?

Did you try the full step by step that Steph shared?

"

3. Restart your device.
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on."

Let me know if that's still not working.

Thanks,
JonathanB

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

Ruthe
Fledgling

Thank you!!!! 

Dr_Etrom
Fledgling

I had the same issue when porting my number to Three. I tried everything on various forums regarding this issue e.g. turning on and off iMessage and FaceTime, rebooting, turning back on, trying to save the ported number in the Setting Phone - My number which would never save. 

Eventually I stumbled on a forum that said if you put the sim into another iPhone you could then change the number on the new Three sim from the temporary number to the ported number in the Setting - Phone - My number. I did this using an old iPhone that I no longer used and then put the sim back into my current iPhone and hey presto the number had changed correctly to my ported number in the Setting - Phone - My number and I could then correctly turn on the iMessage and FaceTime settings with the correct ported number. 

Hope this helps others out there that have been struggling with the same issue.

Failing this I would ask Three to send you out a new sim with the ported number already configured on it. That is what they offered me on, but in the end I did not need one as the above worked. 

manuellajessop
Fledgling

I’m having the same issue - have tried all the steps but don’t have a spare iPhone to swap into.

Any other suggestions? I can’t find a number to talk to a real person at 3…

JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @manuellajessop 

I'm really sorry to hear that it's taking so long for your number to transfer over. In case this still isn't resolved I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
John