cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of usage and barring

JassieFish
Fledgling

Hello - my phone was stolen on 17th January and on the 18th January I contacted 3 to have the handset barred and request proof of usage and barring to complete my insurance claim. I was told it could take up to 5 working days to receive this and having followed up on Thursday 25th via web chat I was told I need to wait up to 7 working days after the phone was barred. as of today (more than 7 working days since the original request) I have not received anything. 
This morning I contacted 3 again via webchat and was advised that the request was raised today (29th Jan) for the proof to be sent and I would need to wait another 72 hours to receive this. 
This is not acceptable. I would like to know why the request was only made today (when I raised it on the 18th) and why I need to wait another 72 hours (taking the total time to 10 working days) when prior to today I have been consistently told 5 - 7 working days. Please can a member of the team contact me ASAP to resolve this.

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

The community is made of customers and a couple of moderators who dip in now-and-again. We have no access to your account and neither do the moderators. Your only options are to send a PM to a moderator, persist with customer services or fill in the online complaint form.

Proof of usage and barring - Three Community - 12681

Romil
Fledgling

I'm waiting for a month now calling every week, asking them to help now after one month they said they cant help because their system shows them wrong date. Today was the worst response from the Customer care service team, I told them its the worst service I have ever seen, and they said if you want you can go to other carriers after you finish your contract. I was so disappointed.still waiting for solution. Its better to leave this company as soon as you can, they are not even sorry, they will be rude with you. I'm so upset and frustrated with them, as they are doing nothing to solve.

JassieFish
Fledgling

And so the saga continues. Since this post I have contacted three on another 3 occasions to get this resolved and each time I am told the same - the query has been escalated to the back office team and I am to wait. I have waited well beyond the requested timescale and yet three seem to be either in incompetent or just plain old making things up. Yesterday (05th Feb) I was speaking to an advisor online who tried to tell me that my request for proof of usage and barring was only made yesterday and I would have to wait 5-7 working days. Clearly they had not looked at my account as he notes I can see when I log in online show previous complaints about this and even some notes a previous advisor uploaded. This to me suggests that three don't know what they're doing and just provide the standard response to get people off of the webchat to make their stats look good and don't care about customer outcomes. It's also clear to me that the people on webchat have very little they can qctulqly do apart from reading from a script, applying a token goodwill payment to an account and "sending" an escalation email. After me refusing to accept the outcome of having to wait another 5 working days I have been promised a call back within 24 hours from a manager. To be honest I don't believe this is going to happen and even if it does I don't believe the manager will actually be able to do anything apart from tell me the same info - to wait.

This is quite frankly appealing service and I feel there is nothing I can do apart from keep persisting to no avail.  It appears that I can't even complain to the communications ombudsman yet as I need to wait 8 weeks and reach "deadlock".

I'm fully aware that three customer services don't monitor this forum but is there anybody here - other users or moderators - that can give any advice on how to resolve this and get the proof needed. I see that others have allegedly been given additional contact details by moderators to help - can anybody share these with me please.

I'm stuck with these jokers for another 12 months but after this Jim going to to my upmost to get out of the contract. 

Kishansutariya
Fledgling

This company is not providing any documents like usage and barring they only gives date on date like we provide you within 3 days and after waiting 3 days when you called they again said we raised your ticket now you get documents within 3 days..... In this way they just wasting our times and do cheating with their customer..... We are not asking any money we just requiest to provide our documents but they are not provide....