cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working, "sign in to network" giving error...

masofon
Fledgling

A couple of issues:

I have fully inclusive roaming included in the plan which I have had since 2019.. but I am receiving texts to inform me about roaming charges which is worrying! When I go to see if I need to add a roaming plan, the plan is there though.

MAIN ISSUE! Roaming isn't actually working. I am in Thailand. It says "Connect to Network" to connect to, I assume, the local provider.. when I press this it goes to an error page that says the url is invalid. Trying to include a screenshot here. 

Yes, roaming is on.

2 REPLIES 2
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @masofon,

I'm sorry but Thailand isn't a Go Roam destination, and that may relate to why you've had these difficulties. You can find more information on our Roaming Support pages. Thailand is covered for our Data Passport though, so you may be able to get online once the underlying issue is solved.

The "connect to network" prompt is a bit odd, some phones do have an option for Data Roaming to be set to on, off, or prompt first before connecting though. So you may have your phone set to ask permission before using Data Roaming.

I expect what's happened though is that you've hit the £45 Data Roaming limit, this is a default limit we set on roaming data charges, to help protect customers from running up exceptionally high bills. Unfortunately in a destination like Thailand, where the charged are £3 per MB, depending on the apps you've got running, your phone may have hit that limit just doing background updates, and checking for emails and instant messages etc.

If you get in touch, the team should be able to check if your Data Roaming Limit, or any other spend/credit limits on the account are the cause of the issue.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @masofon,

Our support teams have identified an issue which was preventing some customers from roaming on some networks in Asia. If you're still in Thailand, please try rebooting your phone, and let us know if you're still experiencing any difficulties with connecting?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.