cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMSC Number

CRUMBS
Regular

Googling for the 3 SMSC number comes up with:

Checking your text service centre number.

To check your text service centre number on your device:

1. From the homescreen, tap Apps
  2. Tap Messaging
  3. Tap Menu
  4. Tap Settings
  5. Scroll to and tap Message Centre
  6. The message centre number should be: +447782000800.

On my phone the number is +447782000800, 145

I can edit it with *#*#4636#*#* and then to phone info.  But when I update the SMSC and check it reverts to adding the 145.  How do I stop that and what does the 145 do??

4 REPLIES 4
JohnM
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @CRUMBS 

Are you getting any issues with making calls or texts or any issues in general due to this showing the 145?

John M

CRUMBS
Regular

I have to reset the 3 SIM each day after the phone switches on.  I also have a Vodafone SIM in the same phone and that is fine.  Of course, resetting 3 SIM wipes the hotspot password and turns off mobile data.  A Swiss SIM in the same slot works fine.  And the 3 SIM in another phone works fine.  3 replaced the SIM 3 days ago.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CRUMBS 

Thanks for getting back to us.

So just to clarify, you've been unable to send SMS when this 145 auto-fills into the SMSC?

Has this always been the case since you started using this phone with your Three SIM? What error message appears when you try to send a text? As you've mentioned that you use a Swiss SIM, just to check we're talking about sending texts whilst in the UK, rather than when roaming?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Docbones43
Fledgling

I have similar but different issue with 3 network SIM, I can't send SMS. I follow your route above, add +447782000800 and press update. Nothing happens. I go back a page and return and the SMSC number has disappeared. I paste again and recycle. Nothing changes. I still cannot send SMS. I appreciate of you could answer.