cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Number

StefanieShortx
Fledgling

Hi,

I'm joining Three from EE. I have a PAC Code ect but when I enter my temp Three number on the switching page, it comes up with the following error message..."Please enter a valid Three phone number. This should start with 44."

I'm very confused...

Any help would be gratefully received! 

Thanks in advance,

Stef! 😀

3 REPLIES 3
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Stephanie. 

Welcome to Three and the Three Community. 

That's a bit odd, my understanding was that it asks for the number in the 07 format. Since it's asking for it to be on the 44 format, you just need to start with 44, then put the phone number in without the starting 0. So it should look something like 447333*****

You'll need to make sure you have fully activated the new SIM card with the temporary number on it before you'll be able to start the process as well. If you haven't done that, do that then give it another go after two hours. 

Hopefully that'll get you up and running and the number transfer started. 

Pete.

StefanieShortx
Fledgling

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your  So I need to have inserted the SIM into my phone before I can start the process? 🤦🏼‍♀️

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

That's right, Stefanie. Once you insert it, it's activate within 2 hours at most. You should be able to process the port in from then. 

If you do it this morning or early afternoon, your number should be moved over by tomorrow. 

Pete.