cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant i text to a radio station number 80295? ?

JDRACING
Regular

Was totally fine when i was with EE, very frustrating 

5 REPLIES 5
Paddiewack
Superstar

A number of reasons. If you’re pay as you go ensure you’ve got enough credit (obviously). If you’re contract download and register the My Three app and check your credit limit. A long shot but you did say you were previously with EE;did you transfer your number very recently as it COULD be an issue with your number port but that is a long shot. I suggest you check your credit limit and if not you’ll need to contact customer service.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Yeah I think checking the spend limit on the Three App is the best thing to check first.

Customer services can also check the actual credit limit, that premium services are definitely on, and like you say, probably the less likely cause but that porting is somehow related.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JDRACING
Regular

Do credit limits get applied to contracts as well ? Will check that out it might be something I have to allow as texts to this number incurr charges

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @JDRACING,

Yeah that's right, it's a bit like when you have a credit limit on a credit card, as opposed to when you add a top up credit for PAYG.

The credit limit for your number has to be higher than any current bill, plus any charges you have pending for your next one, or you won't be able to use services that aren't included in your monthly allowance.

I expect this has either been set too low, or perhaps your number doesn't have premium rate services enabled. These can't be checked on the app, but customer services can check those. Let me know how you get on and if you still need any help with this.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JDRACING
Regular

Cheers pal will do