cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended

Shiskin42
Fledgling

Hi I Received a text yesterday saying that my direct debit hadn’t gone through. please log in and make payment or services will be suspended. I can’t access the app and it doesn’t recognise my phone number or password now. I have to re-register with email address and new password and payed directly.

I feel what ever issues three have got it’s not my fault as I’ve not changed anything my end it’s worked perfectly well for the last two years .

My worry now is they will charge me twice , if they are upgrading their systems and somethings gone wrong why not notify customers instead of sending them a text saying their account will be suspended?

There’s been absolutely nothing on line about systems being down .

When you phone up you’ve no chance of speaking to anyone as your number  27 in the queue and you just can’t get through !

I would much appreciate it, if anyone could shed some light on this matter .

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
sc1999
Local celebrity

Are with Santander? They failed, twice, to pay my credit card this month and I have to phone to do it. In theory, if you pay twice then any account balance should be used to pay next month. It's not ideal but should happen. If you have paid twice and cash is tight then talk to customer services and see if they will refund.

Shiskin42
Fledgling

Hi Thank you for replying . I know it’s not my bank that’s at fault as I’ve checked with with them I’ve been into my local three store , they said the amount of complaints yesterday was overwhelming he said he spent ages on the phone trying to get through ,  and they have a different contact number to us which should get them through quicker he said it had something to do with migration I’m not sure what that is I take it this had something to do with upgrading . Let’s hope your right about account balance , it’s not a money problem I felt if they suspended my account I wouldn’t be able to phone or receive calls , and getting through to customer services is impossible. I’m assuming now I’ve payed a different way I will have to set up a new direct debit ? 
once again thank you .

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Shiskin42,

We're really sorry that there has been a slight delay in taking your payment this month, your services will not be affected, and payment will be taken on or before the 30th May.

I'm really sorry for the original message mentioning suspension, this will have been automatically generated when the payment wasn't taken at the expected time, as soon as we identified this issue, we've taken steps to make sure that accounts aren't suspended due to this issue.

Just to clarify, on your original post, did you already make a credit or debit card payment?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Shiskin42
Fledgling

Thank you for that reassurance. I payed by credit card the payment has obviously been taken as it’s showing zero balance three sent me a text telling me this . I take it then next month will revert back to my direct debit ? I won’t have to set up a new one ? 
once again thank you 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Shiskin42,

Your original Direct Debit shouldn't be cancelled, so I don't expect you'll need to resubmit the details. I'll send you a private message to get you in touch with some colleagues though. If this has led to a double payment for this month, they can arrange a refund, and we can double check the account to make sure this is all definitely sorted out for you.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Dazie999
Regular

Then I suggest you refrain from sending messages threatening to cut services off when THREE is at fault! This caused unnecessary panic for a vulnerable family member! And loads of grief for me to resolve.

Dazie999
Regular

It's disgraceful and totally unacceptable!

There are many problems, see my post: Major problems since the recent Three system updat... - Three Community - 13103