cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Sim card

Reecespace
Fledgling

Hi I’m trying to activate my account and I’m having issues trying to do it  also need help trying to transfer my my old number to my tree SIM card 

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Reecespace,

Welcome to the Three Community, we'll do our best to help.

SIM cards should arrive pre-activated so you don't normally need to do anything other than pop it in your phone and switch it on. If that's not happening, can you let us know what error message(s) you're seeing?

For the question of moving your number, here's a link to the switching form on our website. This'll help bring your old number to Three if you have the PAC code from your old provider. That being said, I'd make sure that the Three SIM is working properly before filling that out, as we wouldn't want your number transferred to a faulty or damaged SIM.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Junaid-Al-ameen
Fledgling

I got my sim on Monday and put it in my phone, but because it’s an iPhone I bought when I was in Nigeria it didn’t work so I kept it and later put it in another phone on Friday which was yesterday. Expecting it to be activated yesterday I waited for a long time and didn’t freak out, that’s until this morning when I found out its still not activated. I would love if you could help me look into it. My sim number is as follows: 07*********

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Junaid-Al-ameen,

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into difficulties activating your new SIM. If it's a new account then it should be pre-activated, and if it's a replacement, then there's usually instructions in the pack.

Can you confirm is this a PAYG, or a Pay Monthly contract SIM that you're having this issue with? Let me know and I'll direct you accordingly.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.