cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bogus calls?

Jill
Fledgling

I keep getting calls and messages from strangers asking who I am and why I’ve just called them. What’s going on and how do u stop it happening?

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

When spammers make phone calls they often cover up their number with  some electronic trickery and make caller id show another. I suggest you contact 3 and ask for assistance. Try asking for the fraud department. 

Paddiewack
Superstar

sc1999 gives good advice and all I’d add is you should be able to block unwanted or anonymous calls via your handset. Certainly you can on iPhones not entirely sure about Android but can’t imagine there isn’t a similar option. 

sc1999
Local celebrity

You can block on Android. I am very interested to know how this is resolved.

garetc
Involved

Spammers are spoofing your number and there's very little that Three will be able to do about it. I've got a really unusual 'memorable' number and it happened to me a few times. The network wasn't able to offer more than to change my number to something else but it meant losing my number (which no doubt they would go on to sell for £££).

The good news is the scammers will move on to another range soon and calls 'back' will tail off. You could set a message on your voicemail to say if you don't know me and have received a call, your number is being spoofed by scammers and they should ignore any further calls.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/scams/phone-spoof-scam

MRMROWEN64
Fledgling

Yes I’ve had this for the past 2 days 

three couldn’t explain it