cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Log in to Account

ACT
Fledgling

I have recently signed my wife up with a new account. We can't log in, no email is sent when I request a password reset. The username obviously works as you have sent the first month's bill. When we try to ring in we are told that you are closed. The original reason for trying to log in was to transfer a PAC code to you but after trying for 2 days we are about at the end of the road with 3.

Luckily, we are in the first 14 days of the contract so can any-one either help get this sorted or advise how to cancel the contract when it appears to be impossible to contact Customer Services?

Best solution
Best solution
ACT
Fledgling

Found the problem. The SIM had been sent out without there being any record so the 3 system did not recognise the number as ever being issued.

A simple problem that should have been easily resolved. I tried Chat and that would not work. I tried the Chat complaints line but that also would not respond. Both presumably because the phone number in the 3 records had never been issued (the phone was working fine, I could make and receive calls). Tried here and again, no response. I tried my not so local 3 shop and there I was told that whilst I could upgrade I could not cancel the account there. They did offer advice that I could ring in using a landline phone. In the end this worked after 2 or 3 attempts using a landline and not admitting that I had an account until I spoke to an agent.

It took me 3 days to get through to sort this out by which time I had had enough. I then had to go through 4 different departments to cancel the account.

My reason for ringing in? I wanted to give 3 a PAC code, which I could not do on line. As I know now, because my number had allegedly never been issued. My reason for cancelling? Not because of the simple error of not registering the issue of the SIM, but simply because it took 3 days to talk to some-one. I was not prepared to risk the promised resolution not working and not being able to make contact again.

I am generally sceptical about Trustpilot reviews but can see why the 3 rating is so poor.

View solution in conversation

2 REPLIES 2
Best solution
ACT
Fledgling

Found the problem. The SIM had been sent out without there being any record so the 3 system did not recognise the number as ever being issued.

A simple problem that should have been easily resolved. I tried Chat and that would not work. I tried the Chat complaints line but that also would not respond. Both presumably because the phone number in the 3 records had never been issued (the phone was working fine, I could make and receive calls). Tried here and again, no response. I tried my not so local 3 shop and there I was told that whilst I could upgrade I could not cancel the account there. They did offer advice that I could ring in using a landline phone. In the end this worked after 2 or 3 attempts using a landline and not admitting that I had an account until I spoke to an agent.

It took me 3 days to get through to sort this out by which time I had had enough. I then had to go through 4 different departments to cancel the account.

My reason for ringing in? I wanted to give 3 a PAC code, which I could not do on line. As I know now, because my number had allegedly never been issued. My reason for cancelling? Not because of the simple error of not registering the issue of the SIM, but simply because it took 3 days to talk to some-one. I was not prepared to risk the promised resolution not working and not being able to make contact again.

I am generally sceptical about Trustpilot reviews but can see why the 3 rating is so poor.

Ramya
Fledgling

My three accounts open no.