cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two factor identification

Flyingfemme
Fledgling

How does one get rid of two factor identification? I manage my mother's affairs as attorney and need to log in to see her bills. She cannot "do" text messages; most of the time she cannot actually make or receive calls on her mobile - but it is a security blanket. Since she lives 3 hours drive away from me we cannot use it for any type of security.
The Three customer service line, and their online chat, are totally dependent on sending codes and PINs by text. Without access to the physical phone I cannot even speak to them.
Looks like my only course of action now is to cancel the account.

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

Before you cancel the contract check with other networks if you can turn 2fa off. More and more companies are making 2fa the norm Microsoft 365 now forces users to use 2fa. It may be easier to buy your mum another phone and keep the current one for 2fa. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Flyingfemme,

This does sound really frustrating. If you have power of attorney for your mum it sounds like this would be classed as an accessibility need. I'd recommend getting in touch with our wellness team to check what options they can provide to help support you both.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.